Tuesday, January 22, 2013

From Miss to Mrs: Ain't No Party Like a Bridal Party

After taking photos of just the girls we let the boys in for a few frames.
00220
I didn't talk about what the boys were wearing before the ceremony because I let that be completely the boy's decision. And honestly I wasn't sure how it would come together. All he told the groomsmen, was to wear a black suit with a white shirt and black tie. I could be wrong, but I believe almost everyone used it as an opportunity to go out and buy a new suit, and one that they would likely wear again. And even though they all choose their suits on their own, they do match, and if I didn't know better would have no idea they weren't the exact same.
00222
The pocket squares were all sewn (as well as embroidered with their initials) by my mother-in-law. My sister-in-law ordered extra fabric that matched the bridesmaid dresses to make a sash for her daughter, the flower girl, which was then used for the pocket squares as well. And the boy found a light purple fabric to match the light purple of his shirt. (I know it doesn't really look purple, but I promise it was. And depending on which photo you're looking at it's more noticeable.)
00226
I also wasn't so sure of the pocket square placement. I guess I'm just used to seeing the standard triangle, that the tiny bit of fabric showing looked odd to me. But after the wedding we saw Skyfall and I realized that was how James Bond wears his pocket square. So if it's good enough for Bond, it's good enough for my groom.
00224
I really love everyone's arrangement in these photos. I just wish that you had been able to see everyone a little clearer. But given how much trouble it was placing everyone, I can at least look back and understand. For you to understand what I'm talking about, think about walking on heels on grass. Now imagine what the grass would feel like less than a week after a hurricane. And factor in the fact that there were all types of tree roots as well. I was still in my sandals from our first look so it wasn't a huge issue for me, but my girls were definitely suffering.
00227
Our photographer did ask if the we wanted to have the boy take individual shots with each groomsmen like I did with my bridesmaids. I think we both said no at the the same time. If the boy could have, he would have said no to every picture possible. And knowing the boy didn't really care about these photos, I wasn't going to force him to take individual photos that he'd never actually look it.
00228
But he did at least agree to take photos with all of the guys.
00231
Finally, not to forget the smallest members of the party, we also took photos with our niece and nephew, the flower girl and ring bearer.
00233
Now we didn't do a ton of different locations for our photos, and we didn't do a ton of different combinations (aka me with the groomsmen, him with the bridesmaids, entire bridal party with flower girl and ring bearer). But since it was so hot outside I felt bad making everyone suffer for these pictures. And while I may not have a ton of different options to choose from I love the ones we have, and do you really need more than one good picture of the bride and groom with the bridal party?

If you're already married how many different locations do you shoot with your bridal party? Or instead, how would you describe your walking on grass in heels skills

All photos in this post courtesy of Sabree Hill Photography.

Miss a Recap Post?
From Miss to Mrs: The Calm Before the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: There's a Hurricane Coming?
From Miss to Mrs: Here Comes Isaac
From Miss to Mrs: Weathering the Cane
From Miss to Mrs: After the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: Trials and Tribulations
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Errands
From Miss to Mrs: A Night on the Town
From Miss to Mrs: The Hangover
From Miss to Mrs: Rehearsing in the Heat
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Single Supper
From Miss to Mrs: Gifting the Girls
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Single Night
From Miss to Mrs: Oh What a Beautiful Morning
From Miss to Mrs: Getting Prettified
From Miss to Mrs: Prepping the Plantation
From Miss to Mrs: Turtle Time
From Miss to Mrs: The Photographer Has Arrived
From Miss to Mrs: Becoming the Bride
From Miss to Mrs: Dress Details
From Miss to Mrs: Ou Est le Groom?
From Miss to Mrs: A Bridge-y First Look
From Miss to Mrs: Couple Time
From Miss to Mrs: Just the Two of Us
From Miss to Mrs: Grouping the Girls

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Those blue dresses were stunning against the green/outdoors setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a beautiful bride you were! Love the blue. Thanks so much for sharing your fantastic photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Love the one with your niece and nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, very courageous of you to let the boys be in charge of their outfits. I am such a control freak when it comes to that stuff, I would never be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously love those bridesmaid gowns!!

    ReplyDelete