Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mailbox Monday (20)

I don't remember the last time I was able to link up 5 weeks in a row with Mailbox Monday, which is hosted by Lori's Reading Corner for January. I definitely am happy that I've been bringing a steady stream of books into our house the past few weeks, but on the other hand aren't really keeping up with it. Which really means my reading pile is slowly growing. Eventually though I'll be able to bring it down. But first...
Mailbox Monday
From a Friend
The Good Woman by Jane Porter
A few weeks ago Amber won a book club party. I would have loved to be able to go, except given that I'm in Louisiana and she's in Iowa it isn't the easiest of a commute. Although Amber did have an extra copy of the book which she was kind enough to send along with a ton of free goodies. One of the things I loved the most was the recipe cards. And while I didn't think I knew of Jane Porter, seeing her other books in the promotional material made me realize I have seen them and have wanted to read her books before.

For Review from Virtual Author Book Tours
The Eighth Wonder by Kimberly S. Young
The one is supposed to be similar to The Bridges of Madison County if I remember correctly. From the looks of it, it'll be a fun read that I'll breeze through, but I guess we'll see if that's true!

What did you find in your mailbox this week? And how well are you able to keep up with your reading pile

9 comments:

  1. It's great collecting books so you always have a big selection to suit all your different reading moods. I think if I live to be 100 I might be able to put a dent in the books I want to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! Collecting books is great.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of reads I've never heard off, but I hope you enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that your friend sent you all those goodies with the book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ENJOY...I like the sounds of THE GOOD WOMAN.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift bag from your friend - so many awesome goodies :)
    Thanks for stopping by my StS!!

    ReplyDelete