Thursday, January 31, 2013

Meals, Moments, Reviews, & Remembering in January

The past few months I've started writing a monthly recap post inspired by the one Lisa writes. I've been thinking about changing it up lately, but for now, here are the highlights of January 2013.

Meals
With my project 365, I've been posting a lot more daily meals than normal. But even so, what I wanted to talk about hasn't been on the blog before.
Duck Confit, Pear, Jarlsberg, & Gruyere Sandwich
Duck Confit, Pear, Jarlsberg, & Gruyere Sandwich
Each week we have a food truck visit us at work and they recently started a gourmet build your own grilled cheese option. In addition to the one above, I've also tried a brie and pear sandwich. I'm definitely loving these options and I'm hoping to come up with a few more creative options in the weeks to come.

Moments
This past month, I started my 101 in 1001 list as well as a project 365. Hopefully I can continue to complete both throughout the year.

Review
In January, I reviewed 3 books and 6 movies. (Not many books, but a lot of that is because most of my reading this month has been for books tours, which means I'll have quite a few more reviews than normal next month.)
Flesh by Khanh Ha
The Girl Who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson
All That I Am by Anna Funder
Les Miserables
Django Unchained

This is 40
Silver Linings Playbook
The Last Stand
Movie 43
Out of them all, my favorite would have to be Les Miserables. (Which I've actually seen in theaters a second time since I wrote that post.)

Remembering
Three years ago in January the boy and I bought a house, and I posted this home tour. It is definitely fun to go back and see what our house looked like sans furniture, and before we made any changes to it.

What are the meals, moments, reviews, and remembering you experienced this January?

3 comments:

  1. that grilled cheese sounds awesome! guess what? I got in on a book tour! it sounds like an interesting book that I hope won't be inappropriate for my blog - it's something about a submissive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I can't believe it's been 3 years since you bought your house!! It doesn't seem like that long ago! Crazy how time flies!

    My favorite meal was probably the wild rice soup that I made for Phil and I one weekend. It was NOT healthy but it was delicious. :) It was a tough month for favorite moments as I feel like I had more heavy moments than happy ones, so the biggest moment (which was not a good one) was finding out my job was being relocated. I reviewed 1 book on my blog and read 5. And I am remembering the fact that I had my sinus surgery last January and am happy to say I have not had a sinus infection since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just checked the girl with the dragon tattoo book out of the library today after rewatching the movie this week... excited! i loved django unchained and SLP. les miz was good too. i almost went to see movie 43 until i saw its rotten tomatoes rating was like 4%!

    ReplyDelete