Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Movie Review

Movie 43
From the previews this looked hilarious. And considering how many celebrities were in this I figured it would have to be good. Except that really wasn't the case.

Now, I do think I would have enjoyed this more if I had a better idea what to expect, since the previews didn't do a very good job. The movie felt like an episode of Robot Chicken, except with short films instead of little clips and with famous actors instead of dolls. I was expecting an actual movie, but instead this is really a collection of short films each directed by a different famous director.

My favorite out of all the shorts (as in the one I disliked the least), was Middleschool Date which was directed by Elizabeth Banks. It started Chloƫ Grace Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse and is about a girl getting her period for the first time on a date. (That basically gives you the gist of the entire movie, since each short seems to be focused on bathroom humor.)

I'm not normally a huge fan of this type of comedy, but even so, I don't think this is one to waste your money on. There are so many other films in the theaters right now that would be a much better choice than this. And given how few people were in the theater with us, thankfully most people are staying away from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment