Sunday, January 13, 2013

GG - 2013

Long time readers of the blog will know that I'm a little obsessed with the big award shows. Every year on my blog I've posted my Oscar predictions, and until last year, I'd posted Golden Globe predictions as well. This year I have't forget, so here are my predictions for tonight! And just to add, these are my predictions, not necessarily the ones I want to win. Feel free to post your own in the comments.

Television
Best TV Series - Drama: Homeland
Best Actress - Drama: Connie Britton, Nashville
Best Actor - Drama: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Best TV Series - Comedy or Musical: Modern Family
Best Actress - Comedy or Drama: Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Best Actor - Comedy or Drama: Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
Best Mini-Series of TV Movie: Game Change
Best Actress - Mini-Seres or TV Movie: Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Asylum
Best Actor - Mini-Seres or TV Movie: Woody Harrelson, Game Change
Best Supporting Actress: Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Best Supporting Actor: Mandy Patinkin, Homeland

Film
Best Motion Picture - Drama: Lincoln
Best Actress - Drama: Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty
Best Actor - Drama: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Drama: Les Misérables
Best Actress - Comedy or Drama: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
Best Actor - Comedy or Drama: Hugh Jackman, Les Misérables
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, Les Misérables
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained
Best Animated Film: Frankenweenie
Best Foreign Language Film: Amour (Austria)
Best Director: Steven Spielberg, Lincoln
Best Screenplay: Aaron Sorkin, Silver Linings Playbook
Best Original Score: Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek, 
Reinhold Heil, Cloud Atlas
Best Original Song: "Skyfall" Adele, Paul Epworth, Skyfall

Edit: For those curious I finished 12/25, which in my opinion is a little disappointing. But if you restrict it to just the movies I'm at 9/14, which is much more respectable.

4 comments:

  1. I don't watch much television, but I'm with you on Jennifer Lawrence and Daniel Day-Lewis, as well as "Lincoln" for best picture. I also like the "Skyfall" music, and loved "Skyfall."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with pretty much all of these! Should be a super exciting awards season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes and yes! Need to see silver lining playbook though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see Silver Lining Playbook so bad!

    ReplyDelete