Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sunday Social (10)

It's been a few weeks since I've linked up with A Complete Waste of Makeup's Sunday Social, but I really loved the questions for this week. Basically I found myself here, linking up and joining in.
1. What is the name of your blog? How long have you been blogging?
It's From L.A. to LA, based on the fact I'm from L.A. (Los Angeles County, or Long Beach to be more specific) and moved to and am now living in LA (Louisiana, or Baton Rouge, again more specifically). I consider my official blogging start date as December 21, 2008. While I do have a few posts prior to then, that's when I came up with the name From L.A. to LA, and started blogging in earnest.

2. Why do you blog?
I love having a record of my life that I can look back on. When I was little I used to always think about Anne Frank when I wrote in my diary, and think about someone discovering my diaries in a post-apocalyptic world. While I don't necessarily think about my blog being the last link to this generation, I do like the fact that it creates somewhat of a record of my life.

3. What is the first blog you ever followed?
The first blogger that I ever followed and interacted with was Amber who now blogs at Girl with the Red Hair. Back when I started reading her blog Amber was just dating her then boyfriend (as was I). But since then Amber and I both became engaged, and planned weddings around the same time. It's been fun reading about her journey as I've been taking a similar one.

4. What is your favorite post you wrote in 2012?
I don't know that I have a favorite post of 2012. But I may be slightly obsessed with my wedding recaps, which I am still posting. Although I am especially proud of this post I wrote on the first Mother's Day I had without my mom alive, and love the pictures I used in it.

5. What are your blogging goals for 2013?
I would love to increase my followers and start to generate at least a small income from it. But really, my main goal is to have fun with it.

6. Top 3 favorite blogs to follow?
One recent blog I've discovered is Mix and Match Family. It's written by the sister of Sean Lowe, this season's bachelor. What's fun is to read the behind the scenes tidbits she has, plus her kids are adorable. She also has a food blog which I've cooked from before.

Amber from A Little Pink in the Cornfields is a blogger friend I've been reading for several years now, and one I discovered from the other Amber. We've never met in real life, but I have a feeling if we did, we'd get a long really well.

Melissa at Little Mrs. Married is one of the few local Baton Rouge bloggers I read. We haven't yet met, although we've talked about it a few times, and hopefully 2013 is the year we can finally arrange a meet-up!

And while I realize this was supposed to be my favorite three blogs, there are a lot of other blogs I love reading. It's too had to declare these my absolutely favorites, but these are definitely a few blogs I think you should be reading! And if there are other blogs you think I should be reading, or even if you're stopping by from Sunday Social and think I should be reading your blog, let me know in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I cannot believe we've been reading each others blogs for so long. I think we would get along great in real life as well! Hopefully someday we meet!

    Can't wait to check out the two blogs you mentioned. Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the mention!! Yes, we definitely have to meet this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it way too hard to choose just 3 favorite blogs? You've really been at blogging for a long time! I also love the record of life that blogging creates--sometimes I love clicking through and reading my old posts and remembering what was happening in my life back then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I wish I would've found your blog before I moved to NC from LA about two weeks ago! How unfair. ;) Eat some yummy beignets and Cane's for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the Sunday Social is a new-to-me meme. Thanks for stopping by my blog and introducing me to some new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love checking out all these new blogs!!

    Stopping by from Sunday Social!!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, lots of great blogs to check out, thank you! Do feel free to come visit mine :)

    ReplyDelete