Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mailbox Monday (21)

I'm back again linking up for Mailbox Monday, hosted by Lori's Reading Corner for the month of January!
Mailbox Monday
Purchased
I recently bought a few children books as a baby shower gift, and while shopping purchased these two for myself. I had a pretty good idea what I wanted before shopping in the first place. Since I already have so many books waiting to be read, I didn't need more impulse buys. These two are both ones I've been wanting to read for a while (and hopefully I can fit them into my reading schedule sooner rather than later!).
Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman
No I'm not pregnant, and nor do I plan on being for a while. But this one had so much hype when it was first released that it piqued my interest. Plus it's focused on French parenting, and I definitely have a soft spot for France.

Dreams of Joy by Lisa See
I've been wanting to read this one ever since it was released. I really enjoyed Shanghai Girls, so finding the sequel in hardcover and bargain priced is an amazing deal for me.

Borrowed
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
I borrowed this one from a coworker. (It's been making the rounds in my department.) I may not be able to convince the boy to see this with me, but this way I'll at least have read the book.

For Review from TLC Books Tours
The Long Way Home by Mariah Stewart
A few weeks ago all the other Chesapeake Diaries books had their own Mailbox Monday post, but this is the one I'll definitely be reviewing. (Although I would like the read and reviews the others at some point.) Definitely looks like a cute story.

The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley
I'm really excited to read this one, which is about a husband who discovers his wife is pregnant while she is brain dead and on life support. I can't even imagine having to deal with that decision, and am definitely interested to read his decision, and all the consequences it has on him.

What did you find in your mailbox this week

9 comments:

  1. I am anxious to see what you think of that sequel to Shanghai Girls. I also read that book and would like to read the next one eventually!

    I am trying to work my way through the library books I have checked out right now. I am almost done with Stay by Allie Larkin which is a really light, fun read. It was just what I needed after reading 2 heavy WWII books. Next up I am going to read 2 more John Green books, which I am excited to read as I loved the other 2 books by him that I have read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several of my girls have read Safe Haven and recommended it... I think it's next on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Safe Haven right now. Good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what is the Mailbox Monday linkup? I'd like to try this possibly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won "Another Piece of My Heart" by Jane Green, which looks really good. Looking forward to starting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy! your new books.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/mailbox-monday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy all your new books.

    It is a perfect day to read here in Pittsburgh...pouring down rain, but better than snow.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete