Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hibachi Happenings

One of the items on my 101 in 1001 list is to visit 10 new Baton Rouge area restaurants. This isn't to say the boy and I don't go out to eat, because we definitely do. We just tend to go to the same ones over and over. Part of this is due to the fact we live outside of town, and there aren't a lot of restaurants that close to us. As it is it's a pain to drive in town every weekday for work, so we try to avoid the extra driving on the weekends. And there's also the fact that you may hate a new place, and if instead it's an old favorite you already know you like it.

But even though I just listed all the reasons we go to the same places, I still get bored with them, and complain to the boy that I want to try something new. This isn't to say we won't be spending time at our old favorite, but I want to change it up more often than we have.

After that long introduction, the point of this post is that I have a new restaurant to share! I actually wasn't the one to pick it out since it was for a friend's birthday, but I wound up being a fan.
Hibachi Grill
Making Fried Rice
The restaurant was Ichiban Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar, and in case you couldn't reason from the photo. It was kind of at an interesting location, in the back of parking lot that's partial under construction, but even so it was packed, and with a wide range of patrons (lot of family, couples on date night, and high school-ers dressed up for winter formal).
Hibachi Steak
Steak, Fried Rice, and Vegetables
I wound up splitting the steak hibachi meal which was still a ton of food. In addition to the plate above I had soup, salad, and 2 extra shrimp off the grill. I also had a lychee martini was delicious and strong. (I would have loved a second one, if I felt more sober after the first. Ha!)
541808_10200237371405343_376524504_n
A Friend and Me at Dinner
Photo "borrowed" from facebook
I don't think it will be taking the place of ourfavorite sushi restaurant, since it is kind of pricey. But for the experience and the food, it's well worth visiting every once in a while.

How often do you wind up visiting new restaurants? And are you a fan of hibachi grills

6 comments:

  1. I've been there! I loved it too. It wasn't my choice, either, and i never pick that type of food when choosing a restaurant. I'm more of an american or mexican food type of girl! Ha! But some girlfriends wanted to go there & I LOVED IT! So good!

    What area are you in? We're in Baker - address is BR, but we should be Baker haha. That's out towards Zachary. Baker is not the best area in BR but hopefully we'll be moving sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like trying new places when I'm in a certain mood. Otherwise, forget it. I'll stick to what I know. I haven't been to too many hibachi places, but the few I've tried, I enjoyed. That's just never my first pick. I'm more into comfort food or Italian food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hibachi, but I always feel like it is a special occasion place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hibachi! We have a nicer restaurant here and a few take-out places. The nice one is def a make reservation and get dressed up for it. And we go to the same places to eat all the time. You'd never know how many restaurants there are in Fayetteville if you looked at where we (don't) go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hibachi. We haven't been in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love going to hibachi places! It's always so fun with a group!

    ReplyDelete