Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sushi Fix

Every since the boy and I bought the new house, we've been changing our eating habits. While is does feel like we've been eating out less, the bigger change is that were going to new restaurants. It doesn't make sense to drive all the way in town just to eat, when there are good restaurants closer. I've been craving sushi for months now it seems, so we went out to try a new sushi restaurant. (At least it was new for us.)

The restaurant we chose is Geisha House. (Although after some internet research I think it might just be called Geisha?) When you first step inside it really just feels like you're in a standard strip mall restaurant. But once you're at the actual table, it did feel really nice and somewhat upscale.

To start with I had the house salad with ginger dressing.
House Salad with Ginger Dressing
I really love ginger dressing (really thing with ginger), so it doesn't matter what the salad's like for me as long as there's ginger dressing. They did add pineapple to the salad which I thought was an interesting idea. I did enjoy the fruit, but I don't think it's something I would have decided to add myself.

For my main meal I went with the nigiri sampler.
Nigiri Sampler
I came with 4 pieces of nigiri as well as a California roll, which I would have ordered anyway. (What can I say, I'm from California. It's practically a requirement to love California rolls.)

The boy went with Yaki Udon with chicken.
Yaki Udon with Chicken
There are noodles in there, just hiding at the bottom. This was really good. I know since I might have stolen a bite or two.

Then on top of all that the boy had a tuna roll, and I had a spicy tuna roll.
Spicy Tuna & Tuna Rolls
I know that this doesn't look like that much food, but it's funny how filling sushi can be. And I made sure each and every piece was eaten. We weren't too sure what type of restaurant we were going to originally, but it turned out better than expected. And it's nice to know we have a good sushi restaurant just down the street.

~Shoshanah

6 comments:

  1. You are making me crave sushi! So thank you for that. Everything you had looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Sushi! My current favourite is the dynamite roll. We try to get sushi every friday at work as long as I'm scheduled with my two coworkers so that one of us can pick it up. (Usually the one that actually drives to work as two of us walk haha). There's 7 or 8 sushi restaurants in my neighbourhood (not to mention the grocery stores make it and sell it at a booth right there too) and yet not one of them delivers. argh haha.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, I really like yours as well and will add it to my subscriptions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm, I adore sushi! I just had some Friday night and this made me want it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks so good, now I want some sushi! And that ginger dressing is the best! I used to buy it in bulk from my favorite sushi place in Roanoke, VA, but I have since moved away :(.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sushi plates look great! I'm so craving sushi now!

    ReplyDelete