Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mailbox Monday (19)

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. Mailbox Monday is a traveling meme, with a new host every month. Which means if you want to join in on the fun in January, head over to Lori's Reading Corner!
Mailbox Monday
For Review from TLC Book Tours
All That I Am by Anna Funder
The House Girl by Tara Conklin
Both of these are books that I've been wanting to read for a while and I'm so excited to have the chance to review! (I think I added All That I Am onto my to-read list on goodreads over a year ago.) Both are historical fiction (one of my favorite genres), with the first taking place during the Holocaust and the second during the 1850s in Virginia. I have really high hopes for both, so hopefully they're able to live up to my expectations!

What did you find in your mailbox this week? And do you find that too often your expectations for books are too high, or does all the hype only make you love them more?

10 comments:

  1. The House Girl looks interesting....I'm off to look that one up! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look great. "The House Girl" is on my to-read list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these look really good! I am definitely going to have to add both to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received The House Girl for review, can't wait to start it.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/mailbox-monday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have THE HOUSE GIRL too..got it a while ago, but haven't gotten started on it. It looks so good, doesn't it?

    ENJOY all your books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these look great! Enjoy your reading week and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your new books! Both are new to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The House Girl is on my radar. I hope you enjoy both books!

    ReplyDelete