Monday, October 1, 2012

From Miss to Mrs: Trials & Tribulations

I missed my initial hair trial since it was canceled due to Isaac, but by Friday everything was starting to get back to normal and since the salon had power back, I went in for my appointment.
DSC07302
I think I look pretty horrendous in this photo, but at least it gives you a true before. I had my hair up in a ponytail and quickly took this shot before going in (after putting my hair back in a pony, of course). I didn't think to bring my inspirations photos, just told her I wanted my hair half up and in curls. But even though I hadn't brought them with me, here are the images I was hoping to emulate.

And even though I didn't bring her a single photo of my vision she came awfully close to creating it.
Hair Trial From the Side
Yes I realize my curls have almost fallen at this point, but this was after I had run to my car in the pouring rain. (You can see the sheets of water on the windshield even.) And I even managed to get a shot of the back. (Do you have any idea how hard it is to take a photo of the back of your head in your car? They was actually my first try and absolute luck, because in my attempts to better it, I completely missed my head.)
Back of Hair Trial
How close did your hair trial come to your inspiration? And when you go to your hairdresser do you actually remember to bring inspiration photos?

Miss a Recap Post?
From Miss to Mrs: The Calm Before the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: There's a Hurricane Coming?
From Miss to Mrs: Here Comes Isaac
From Miss to Mrs: Weathering the Cane
From Miss to Mrs: After the Storm

2 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous in spite of the rain! I was really disappointed by my hair trial, but it's too expensive to do another one before the wedding, so I'm just going to wing it and show my stylist a different inspiration pic the day of the wedding. Wish me luck haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh your inspiration photos are so pretty!

    I never had a hair trial but I am super close with my hairdresser and trusted her 100% to nail it and she totally did!!

    ReplyDelete