Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday Movie Review

Looper
This movie really wasn't anything like I expected it to. Except that made me like it a lot more than I had anticipated. The boy on the other hand probably would have liked it more if it was as action-y as the previews made it out to be.

Being that this is a time travel movie, there are a few paradoxes that make less and less sense the more you think about it. But for a movie like this to really work, I think as a viewer you just have to ignore and accept, which is hard for me to do.

I don't always say this, but I do think it would be a fun movie to watch again. There is a lot going on here, and while I was confused for a lot of it, it all made sense by the end. I will warn you that there's quite a bit more thinking involved in this movie that the previews tell you. But as long as you're not expecting a crazy action movie full of chase scenes, which is what you'd expect from the previews, I think you'd really like this one.

2 comments:

  1. We want to see this one. We saw Dredd 3D this weekend instead. We both enjoyed it. I'm glad we paid for the 3D cause I think it added nicely to the other effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you say the holes in it time-travel wise would make it frustrating for someone who tends to get hung up on those things? I know time travel is something that can really bother me in movies/tv shows/books when it isn't done right (and, let's face it, it rarely is!)

    ReplyDelete