Tuesday, October 2, 2012

From Miss to Mrs: The Last Errands

After my hair trial I had to run the last few errands before everyone started arriving. I picked up black ink at Office Depot because I needed more ink to print off more programs. (It feels like every post I'm mentioning these things. I guess I'm trying to increase your excitement for the final reveal, because I've still yet to post about them.) Then I stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a ton of random pieces.

Now normally I try to avoid shopping at Wal-mart. I'm just not a huge fan for a variety of reason, and will instead go to Target. But in order to get to Target I'd need to get on the interstate, Wal-Mart was on the way home from the salon, and I was running out of time. So to Wal-Mart I went.

As for what I picked up, as I mentioned before it really was a bunch of randoms. There was snacks for the wedding day (cheez-it party mix, tapanades, luna bars), individual bags of frozen drinks (I beleive pina colda, mango daiquiris, and strawberry daiquiris), moleskin & heel pads for my shoes which were slightly too big (I even pulled up this post in the aisle to see what everyone suggested I use), gum & Altoids to go in my day-of emergency kit (which didn't actually get opened until after the wedding), wine glasses for the ceremony (yes, the ceremonial wine glass we smashed and the wine glass we drank out of were both $0.97 glasses from Wal-Mart. And while I brought the smashed pieces home, I left the other one at the venue. But I guess for $0.97, it's replaceable). I'm sure there were a few other odds and ends I picked up, but you get the idea, and why Wal-Mart was probably the most convenient place to find it all.

Once I got home the boy suggested we should probably practice our first dance, since we hadn't yet. According to the boy our first dance song was meant for a two step. So two days before the wedding the boy was trying to teach me to two step in our living. It was pretty much a disaster, but even if I had devoted months of practice I don't think I would have been able to master it. (I even took a ballroom dance class back in college, and was a disaster then, so I wasn't hoping for much.) Unfortunately we couldn't spend all night practicing (again not that it would have really helped), because that night we had our respective bachelor & bachelorette parties.

How long before the wedding did you practice your first dance (if at all)? And would you consider yourself a good dancer?

Miss a Recap Post?
From Miss to Mrs: The Calm Before the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: There's a Hurricane Coming?
From Miss to Mrs: Here Comes Isaac
From Miss to Mrs: Weathering the Cane
From Miss to Mrs: After the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: Trials and Tribulations

2 comments:

  1. We did practice our first dance. We started a few months out but as we got closer to the big day we started skipping practices. It wound up being ok even though I missed a few steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't practice at all! Totally winged it day of and it was my favorite part of the day.

    ReplyDelete