Wednesday, October 10, 2012

28

It's my birthday! And what a year this past one has been. A year ago today my parents were out in Louisiana visiting. While my mom wasn't feeling her best, she did feel well enough to bake me a birthday cake. She pulled out my copy of Joy of Cooking (which used to be hers) and made White Cake #2, which she frosted with satsuma frosting using the satsumas from out backyard. I don't have a photo of it, which is unfortunate since it's the last cake my mom ever baked for me.

Here I am a year later, a married woman and barely a month away from my mom's yahrzeit. A year ago I was looking forward to my wedding, but never could have guessed that my mom wouldn't be there. I never would have known that the year ahead would feature an amazing day, but one I can't quite call the happiest day of my life due to who was missing.

I'm hopeful that this next year is better. I'm not necessarily expecting better highs (after all not much tops getting married), but I'd like to have far less lows. And considering where I was a year ago today, who really knows what the next year will bring. So to close, here's me and my parents on my original birth day, 28 years ago.
1984-10-10
As a birthday present to me, I'd love it if everyone could de-lurk themselves and say hello. I do my best to keep up with all my followers, so if I'm not already following your blog I'd love to be. Be sure to leave your blog url (even if you think I'm already reading) and let me know where in the world you're blogging from (or if you don't have a blog, then where you're commenting from). (I beleive I got this idea from Amber who did the same from a few years ago, and I've been wanting to do the same ever since.)

21 comments:

  1. happy birthday to you! love that photo of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Shoshanah! I hope the next year brings wonderful things your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful birthday!! I'm commenting from Southern Calif.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday fellow Octoberian! I (Mine is tomorrow!) I hope you had a wonderful day today. I'm from Northern California and I blog over at Melissa's Midnight Musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a beautiful birthday! That is a wonderful photo with your mom and dad. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Shoshanah! I hope this year is filled with laughter, family, friends, love and sweet memories!

    (Fellow SoCal native. www.just-erika-speaking.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday chica!!! I always love reading your blog. Cheers to a new year of love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a fantastic birthday- you definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a fantastic birthday- you definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, blogger friend! I hope it's a good day--be sure that your husby treats you like a queen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!! Hope your day and weekend are fabulous!!
    Suz from NC www.ncsuz.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday! I just found your blog from the comment you left on mine and I'm happy to follow you now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!! (belated) I hope that you had a wonderful birthday and I hope that this year ahead does not include any low points like last year did... I have to say, you have weathered it all with grace.

    Here's hoping you have an absolutely fabulous year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday Shoshanah! This is going to be a great year for you- your newlywed year :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday! Love the picture of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday! I hope the next year brings you wonderful days!

    ReplyDelete