Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sunday Social (7)

I'm linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup for some Halloween fun Sunday Social style!
1. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?
I went through a few years where I always picked costumes out of American Girl Magazine. They always had such creative ideas, things that I never would have come up with on my own. From their inspiration I was both the day & night sky (in separate years) as well as a picnic. But since I don't have any photos of those costumes here are few other fun ones.
image0
In 1990 (1st grade for me) dressed up as Ariel, with my brother as a knight
91-10 - halloween
As Belle in '91
image1
At my Halloween party in 3rd grade dressed up as Jasmine.
My brother is the vampire in front
image2
I beleive in 4th grade, my brother and I as Luke & Leia.
2. If you could go back and dress up as something what would it be?
Knowing that I was obviously obsessed with dressing up as Disney Princesses, I think it would be fun to have been able to dress as Princess Merida from Brave.

3. Favorite costume as an adult?
I loved when I dressed up as Ariel as an adult. (It feels like yesterday, but somehow it was 5 years ago back in 2007.) I loved it because it really just was an outfit, but by carrying around a stuffed Sebastian, I made it into a costume.
As Ariel
4. Favorite Halloween Candy?
I'm pretty much a fan of all things candy, but for a favorite (at least right now) it would be bottle caps.

5. Favorite Halloween Memory?
I had a friend when I was little whose birthday was at the end of October whose mom would throw her a Halloween party ever year. Her mom always dressed up as a witch and had a cauldron full of dry ice. Thinking back to it makes me want to have a late October baby so I can throw a Halloween party for them.

6. Whats your favorite scary movie?
I'm not a big scary movie person, but back in the day I used to be a fan of I Know What You Did Last Summer. And looking back now it really was an awesome group of actors in it.

If you haven't linked up with Sunday Social yet, you really should (if only so I can see your Halloween costumes). And if you have already, please let me know in the comments so I can stop by.

8 comments:

  1. I have a photo of your "day sky" costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice sunday social!! love all the pictures, thanks for sharing!

    new follower, btw!
    http://www.theeclecticgrabbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sunday Social! The Luke and Leia costumes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Leia to your brother's Luke! Halloween birthday parties would be very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the idea of being a day and night sky--so creative. My boyfriend and I were Hester and Dimmesdale this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those American Girl costumes! I remember they had a bag of Jelly Bellies one year, and now I see that costume everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete