Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mailbox Monday (11)

Twice in one month has to be a recent record for me, but yes I'm linking up with Mailbox Monday today. This is a traveling meme, with a new host every month. Although October is actually hosted by the official Mailbox Monday blog.
Mailbox Monday
Borrowed From a Friend
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephan Chbosky
Back in high school the boy I was crushing on (Lifeguard Mike for those in the know) told me this was his favorite book. Ever since then I've been wanting to read this book, and here I am, 10 years later, finally about to pick up the book. I have high expectations for this one, so hopefully it won't let me down. And while I haven't seen the movie yet, would love to once I'm finished.

What did you find in your mailbox this week? And have you ever read a book only due to a recommendation from a crush?

11 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on this book, haven't decided yet whether to get it or not. Hopefully I'll catch your review, I'd love to see what you think of it.
    Here's My MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good, but you have to read every word carefully. Especially toward the end!

    Can't wait to discuss with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Perks, the book and the movie! Hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read that and see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like to read this (specially on the recommendation!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read this one. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read that book last month and LOVED it. You have to go see the movie. I went with Iowa Amber and we LOVED it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such an unusual cover! I do want to read it, though.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good, I might get to see the movie.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard this is good. ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday-10292012.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a book I've been wanting to read as well. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete