Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Make Mine a Margarita Cake

This past weekend LSU played Florida in pretty much a miserable game. While I don't want to talk about the game itself, I do want to talk about what we were eating at the game.

It's a Skinny Girl Margarita Cake, courtesy of Mix and Match Mama, although you might know her better as the sister of Sean, this year's Bachelor. While I can't wait to watch his season, and would love to go on about how he was my favorite from last season, let's get to the cake.
DSC07402
Ingredients for the Cake
1 box of yellow cake mix
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups Skinny Girl margarita
4 eggs

Directions
DSC07403
Combine all...
DSC07404
and mix.
DSC07405
Pour into a greased bundt cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
DSC07406
Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes.
(Not only did I get to use my new KitchenAid mixer for this, but got to pull out the new Fleur de lis bundt pan you see here!)
DSC07411
Invert the cake onto to finish cooling.
DSC07416
Ingredients for the Frosting
1/2 cups Skinny Girl margarita
4 cups powdered sugar
1 stick butter, softened
DSC07418
Mix together until creamy. Frost on cooled cake. Garnish with sprinkles (or coarse salt if that's you're preference).
DSC07423
I'm not sure what went wrong with my frosting. I'm thinking I may have just added a little too much margarita. I tried to added enough sugar to fix it, but I don't think I made up the difference. Or maybe I just didn't mix it enough. Either way it started to separate, which you can more easily notice up close.
Skinny Girl Margarita Cake
Even though it wasn't the prettiest of cake, it was pretty delicious. I won't say it tasted exactly like a margarita but it was good. And after loving this, Mix and Match Mama does have a ton of other bundt cake variations that I can't wait to try. Now if only I could figure out what to do with the half a bottle of margarita left in the fridge...

2 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delish!
    http://diaryofablondenewlywed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks and sounds amazing! I had no idea there was a recipe to work with skinny girl!

    ReplyDelete