Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mailbox Monday (10)

I'm back this week linking up with Mailbox Monday, which was started by Marcia formerly of the Printed Page, and this month is hosted by the official Mailbox Monday blog. I don't have many books to share, but I'm so excited to read this books, and hopefully they're ones that you have or maybe will enjoy as well.
DSC07436
Purchased
Queen by Right by Anne Easter Smith
I absolutely LOVED Anne Easter Smith's first book A Rose for the Crown (unfortunately read before the blog, so it's never been reviewed). While I did enjoy here second, The King's Grace I wasn't nearly as obsessed with it as I was her first. So I know I'm going to love this one, the real question I guess is just how much.

Divergent by Veronica Roth
I've been waiting to read this one since even before it came out, and I'm finally getting to it. It's actually my book club's selection this month, and I'm so glad it's finally forcing me to read it. But with everything I've heard about it, I only hope it lives up to all the hype I've given it.

When was the last time you read a book that didn't quite live up to the hype? And what do you have in your mailbox this week?

14 comments:

  1. So excited you're reading DIVERGENT! I wish I had known you hadn't read it yet, and I would have sent it to you. Let me know when you're ready for INSURGENT--I am sure I have an extra copy lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and your book club enjoy Divergent! It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read Divergent. One of these days I will get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Across the Universe was the last big disappointment. I read it because of the hype. So many bloggers saying how fantastic it was. I find many new reads because of other bloggers but man they failed me then. I hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last big book that didn't live up to its hype for me was The Hunger Games. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Divergent and I hope you enjoy it too! I've wanted to read Queen by Right.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. QUEEN BY RIGHT looks good.

    Enjoy both your books.

    Stop by my blog if you like for my Mailbox Monday.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday-10142012.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just have to say that I love your book reviews! I am a big bookworm and it makes me so happy to know that there are other readers out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Anne Easter Smith's books! I hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard terrific things about Divergent. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't encounter this problem often. The only one I can think of is "The Best Little Girl in the World" I can't remember who wrote it but it wasn't nearly as good as everyone had made it sound.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Divergent is so so good. You're going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Divergent and Insurgent - I think I might actually like that series better than the Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Queen by Right sounds so good! Historical fiction is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete