Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Birthday Fun

First off, thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes last week! It was a lot of fun getting all the notifications on comments, tweets, text messages, phone calls, and facebook comments throughout the day. To think that only a year a two ago you would actually need to be a computer to receive most of those (minus of course the actual phone calls). As for the rest of my day, my dad was in town for Wednesday he, the boy, and I went to Kona Grill. We've actually had some awesome meals there, and some not-so-awesome and that night was a bit of both for me.
DSC07424
Starting with the awesome, is this soft shell crab poboy. Besides crab the sandwich had andouille sausage and grilled pineapple. This was basically the perfect combination of flavors for me, and I'd easily go back to have it again.

Now the main reason I choice Kona Grill was for dessert. They normally have a seasonal creme brulee, and I've had some amazing versions there. Except I discovered that this season's creme brulee was the kind that doesn't exist.
DSC07426
So instead I went with an apple cinnamon bread pudding. This wasn't bad, but it's wasn't creme brulee. And while the bread pudding was enjoyable, I've had better. The cinnamon sugar pecans were pretty tasty though.

And since I think it's fun to share, here a few of my birthday gifts and cards.
DSC07427
The boy isn't one for surprises, but he is good at buying exactly what I ask for, and Cinderella was what I wanted this year. Silly maybe, but I love that Disney always releases something new just before my birthday.

All in all, it may have been somewhat of a low key birthday, but hopefully it's the start to an awesome year!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Cinderella!! Hubby new I was dying for it to come out so he bought it for me that night and surprised me!

    Happy birthday! It looks like you had an amazing one! xoxo

    http://diaryofablondenewlywed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That burger and that dessert look so delicious. Man. I am hungry already.

    By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my post tomorrow about it. You have some questions to answer and such.

    ReplyDelete