Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Movie Review

Cloud Atlas
If I'm being honest, I was confused for a lot of this movie. But even so, the parts that made sense to me I liked, and even the ones I didn't completely get I was still able to enjoy.

It's made up of 5 different stories each at a completely different time and place. We're lead to believe that each story tells the tale of different souls being reincarnated, which is helped by the fact the same actors are in each story. Some are more connected than others, but they all work together. But even though the stories are so different, it's hard for me to pick out a favorite because they each have their moments.

I do think watching this a second time would make for a far different, and possibly better experience. And while I don't think a lot of people are going to see it in the theaters, I'm not sure how well it'd work for home viewing. At least for me, I don't think I'd be able to pay attention to it near enough at home (which I why in general I like going to the movies). But it still is an interesting tale, and different from a lot of other movies you're going to see.

2 comments:

  1. I think I might wait to watch this at home. I dislike paying for movies when they confuse me. Plus I can watch again immediately if I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son wants to see this but I think I'd stay confused throughout the movie.

    ReplyDelete