Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Social (5)

I'm once again linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup's Sunday Social, for a few flashback themed questions.A Complete Waste of Makeup's Sunday Social.
1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
I miss falling asleep on the drive home being half asleep at arrival, and having someone carry you into bed. Yes, it's silly but I still wish someone would carry me to bed from the car instead of being forced to wake up and walk inside. I even remember trying to get my parents to do it when I was in high school, but even then I was too old to be carried to bed. Such a silly thing to miss, but still...
img038
2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?
In general most nicknames tended not to stick with me. But at times my mom would call me Shosh, and my BFF used to call me Shoshie Moshie at times, or at least something along those lines.
90 - fall
3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?
I definitely went through phases, but in 1st grade (when the above picture is from), I used to love doing the rings. No idea if they still have them in schools because they seem "too dangerous" but I used to love them.
img012
4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I went through several phases. At times I wanted to be a teacher, a lawyer, a chemist who created artificial flavors. Although my parents love the story of how in first grade I wanted to be... well we're save that til the last question actually.
Meet Felicity
5. What was your favorite toy?
I loved my American Girl dolls. I had a Felicity and a Doll of Today called Allison. I still love them, but it is a little disappointing that the items aren't nearly as well made now that they're manufactured by Mattel.
img020
6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?
As I started on Question #4, in 1st grade I wanted to be either an astronaut or an ice cream man. Which is why the photo above it so perfect. Not just because I'm eating an ice cream cone, but because I'm pretty sure that photo was taken in D.C., which is where I first got the idea to be an astronaut by visiting the Air and Space museum.

If you haven't participated in Sunday Social yet, them tell me some of your answers in the comments. And if you already have, be sure to let me know so I can make sure to stop by.

5 comments:

  1. I had an American Girl doll too (Kirsten) and I LOVED her! So sad to hear they're not as good of quality anymore: I always wanted to get them for my future daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to pretend that I was sleeping in the car so that I could get carried inside by my daddy. It was my favorite thing ever :) I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous. I always wanted an American Girl doll. Never got one...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved everything american girl (you know, back when it was just the 5 girls and their books!) I totally read all the books, but never got to have a doll - but I did have a doll catalogue that I loved to look at. It even had the real girl sized outfits that matched the doll's outfits. Felicity was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete