Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mailbox Monday (9)

It's been a while since I've had a chance to link up with Mailbox Monday, this month hosted by BookNAround. I guess I've just been a little busy with the whole getting married thing. But know that I'm officially a Mrs. I'm back with a bunch of books to to share!
Mailbox Monday
Purchased
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
It seems like everyone has been reading this lately. So hopefully I'll enjoy this one as much as anyone else. I'm actually reading it for a book club, so it'll be my next read so I'm finished and ready to discuss it.

A Secret Kept by Tatiana De Rosnay
I'm trying to limit the number of bargain books I pick up, because I really don't need anymore. My loose requirement is that it needs to be a book I would have purchased full price, and this is definitely one. De Rosnay's book Sarah's Key is one I can't stop thinking about, and while I've heard this isn't as good, I can't wait to read something else by her.

For Review from Virtual Author Book Tours
The Adventures of Tilda Pinkerton by Angela Shelton
This looks like such a cute middle grade fantasy book. The book is actually signed an personalized, and included was a bookmark, postcard, and personalized letter. The author's first book was adapted into the movie Tumbleweeds, so hopefully this is another movie worth one for her.

Curiosity Killed the Kat by Elizabeth Nelson
I actually thought about not review this one, but after loving my first book from these tours, Sulan, so much I decided to give this one the benefit of the doubt. This one looks to be a little bit of romance meets action, maybe something similar to Brad & Angelina's Mr. & Mrs. Smith?

Against My Will by Benjamin Berkly
I wasn't sure about this one either, until I realized there's a Holocaust subplot in it, and I'm always obsessed with historical fiction. In case you couldn't guess from the title, it's not about a happy marriage, but instead one full of abuse. Quick and funny story, the night before the wedding I had a stack of wedding books on the table, and this was mixed into them. From the bride of the cover it's not too much of a stretch, but from the title it doesn't quite fit the wedding planning theme of the rest. And this one was also signed and included a bookmark.

Hopefully I'll be back linking up with Mailbox Monday soon, but until then, what did you find in your mailbox this week?

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy Gone Girl. I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Gone Girl. Enjoy all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gone Girl should make for fun discussion in your book club. Enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Gone Girl for about a month. I'm a little nervous about reading it because of all the hype. I hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED Gone Girl...hope you do, too.

    I am also touring Against My Will and Curiosity Killed the Kat, although I haven't received the "Kat" book yet. Maybe today.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mailbox, I'm curious about Gone Girl.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/mailbox-monday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice stack of books.

    I am hearing mixed reviews on GONE GIRL, but mostly good.

    Enjoy your books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/09/mailbox-monday-9242012.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great selection of books, I hope you enjoy them all! Thanks again for joining some of our tours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed A Secret Kept, but it was the first book I've read by De Rosnay so I don't have the comparison of anything else. I hope you enjoy it, and the rest of your books too.

    This Week's Book Haul on Melissa's Midnight Musings

    ReplyDelete