Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Peanutty Mixing

Last weeks I posted how the boy and I were having fun with our new kitchen tools post-wedding. But while the food processor was what the boy was looking forward to, I couldn't wait to take my KitchenAid mixer for a spin. I decided to keep things simple and just use one of the recipes that was included in the instruction booklet. I wasn't hoping for much, but they turned out delicious and I can't wait to try them again. More than that I'm willing to take a chance on another recipe right out of the instruction manual. Anyways, here we go, Peanut Butter Cookies courtesy of KitchenAid.
DSC07384
Mix peanut butter and butter until smooth.
DSC07386
Add sugars (white & brown), eggs, and vanilla.
DSC07387
Stir and add in baking soda, salt, and flour.
DSC07388
Mix till combined.
DSC07389
Roll into balls and press flat with a fork in a criss-coss patter.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Bake at 375 until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.

The first patch I made came out a little overcooked. They weren't burnt, but they were just crunchy the following day. But I took the second batch out a little sooner and they were perfect. Nice and peanut butter-y, but more important to me, the perfect softness.

Basically I was really impressed by this recipe considering it came out of the instruction manual. But come to think of, wouldn't you trust the people who know the gadget the most to be able to come up with the best ideas for it?

Have you ever made a recipe directly out of a tool's instruction manual? And if you have a KitchenAid mixer, what's your favorite thing to use it for?

3 comments:

  1. I really want a mixer. I still don't have one.
    I love making peanut butter cookies! Yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the same recipe I tried when I first got my mixer: http://thepharrsideofarkansas.blogspot.com/2011/03/menu-monday-peanut-butter-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete