Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sweet Six

This past weekend was our niece's 6th birthday party.
IMG_0593
The party was at fitness center type place, with a room of bounces houses for the kids to play in. Although from what I saw, everyone stayed pretty entertained running up and down this giant ramp.
IMG_0609
While the kids had spent most of the time running around, the actual theme was monkeys, complete with monkey cupcakes, monkey plates, monkey napkins, and a monkey "Happy Birthday" sign.
IMG_0571
As for our gifts, we may have gone slightly overboard, but isn't that what aunts and uncles are supposed to do?
6th Birthday Presents
Back in Florida, I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, and she told me she wanted a talking unicorn. Turns out she wasn't kidding, and I managed to find a Walking Talking Pinkie Pie My Little Pony. Of course, I had to buy her an outfit for her American Girl, and went with Marie Grace's nightgown. (After all, all dolls need something to where to sleep, don't they?)

Finally, there were books too. I tried to buy the ones I most remember my mom reading to me in 1st and 2nd grade, and for that reason went with the first four Ramona books (Beezus & Ramona, Ramona the Pest, Ramona the Brave, and Ramona & her Father). The cover pictured isn't the one we bought, but the one I remember owning growing up.
We didn't stop there, and also went with a copy of Caddie Woodlawn, the last book I remember my mom reading to me at night before I only wanted to read to myself. Again, this isn't necessary the cover we bought but the one I remember sitting on my self throughout my childhood.

It's funny, because she's getting to the age where she's going to start remembering things, and I'm awfully curious as to what she'll retain. I still remember parts of my 6th birthday party even. It was a pool party at the JCC, about a month or so before my October birthday before school started. It was actually a triple party with one of my friends and older brother, which worked since we were at a huge pool, there wasn't really a size limit. (If you're curious these are my posts from my nieces 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th birthday.)

What, if anything, do you remember from your 6th birthday party?

1 comment: