Saturday, August 3, 2013

Project 365: Days 200 Through 210

We're already over 200 days into the year, and it's already August? This year really is flying by, although I guess most years feel that way. At least this year I'm making sure each day is documented!
Caprese Ravioli
July 19, 2013 - 200/365: Caprese Ravioli
Napa Burger at Fat Cow
July 20, 2013 - 201/365: I've been wanting to try Fat Cow Burger for a while now, and this day we finally went. The burger above is a Napa Burger which had pear, argula, and goat, and I think pickled ginger. Then I also split their Parmesan and Duck Fat Fries with the boy. Everything was good, but not as AMAZING as you'd expect from the description. Although next time we go back I need to try their version of Hubert Keller's Hundred Dollar Burger for a mere $15.
Flowering Aloe
July 21, 2013 - 202/365: The aloe in our backyard is starting to flower.
Coq au Vin
July 22, 2013 - 203/365: I sent the boy this pin which he made for dinner. The pin lists it as Chicken Braised in Red Wine, but it's really a version of Coq au Vin.
Electric Fuel Pump at Whole Foods
July 23, 2013 - 203/365: They installed an electric vehicle charger at Whole Foods, the first sign of I've seen of electric vehicles in Louisiana.
Nissan Leaf
July 24, 2013 - 204/365: Funny enough, the very next day I was driving behind a Nissan Leaf, aka an electric vehicle, on my drive home. I probably wouldn't have recognized it if my parents hadn't bought one, but the fact the license plate number (which you can't quite read) was "No Gas" was probably a good tip.
Satsumas
July 25, 2013 - 206/365: Look how many satsumas are are on the tree! There's easily 10, if not more, just from this angle.
Strawberry Peach Belini
July 26, 2013 - 207/365: At our book club meeting I had a Strawberry Peach Bellini at Bar Louie.
Bridal Shower Prize
July 27, 2013 - 208/365: The boy and I went to a bridal shower where we won the spice challenge. And by we, I mean I was correctly able to identify cloves, while the boy was responsible for the rest. We won this bag for winning, and being that he was the main reason we won, thought it only made sense to take home the "boy" themed bag.
Baseball Game Snacks
July 28, 2013 - 209/365: My distractions for the boy's last baseball game of the season.
Candied Violet Chocolate Bar
July 29, 2013 - 210/365: Candied Violet Chocolate bar from Sucre. I've been keeping this in the freezer, and breaking off pieces most nights to satisfy my dessert craving. Since it's so rich, I really don't need more than a bite or two.

How often, if ever, do you see signs of electric vehicles where you live?

I'm linking this post up with Random-osity & Kleinworth & Co. for Project 52!

10 comments:

  1. Well, I'm in Arkansas, so the signs of electric vehicles are few here, too. I know there was a place in Little Rock that serviced electric vehicles, but now we live in NWA, and I don't think they are as concerned with environmentalism up here.

    Also, reading about your good but disappointing burger was something I could relate to. Lately, I feel like everything that has been raved over hasn't been quite as good as "they" say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And maybe my expectations for it were too high based on what I've heard. But still when something is supposed to be that delicious it better live up to itself.

      Delete
  2. I'm so curious about electric vehicles since we don't have those around here... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because riding in them you'd have no idea you were actually in one. The biggest pain though is knowing you have a limited driving distance since finding somewhere to plug your car in isn't nearly as easy as pumping gas.

      Delete
  3. I am totally jealous of that aloe plant! I can't get mine to grow at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky that they were already thriving when we moved it. Unfortunately I have no advice to give you, since we really haven't touched them since we've been here. But good luck and hopefully you find a solution!!

      Delete
  4. Your aloe is huge! I have one in the kitchen for those freak kitchen accidents! I am glad to know I am not the only one who keeps the chocolate in the freezer! Mine is a ginger chocolate right now - so good, and the violet choc sounds good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caprese ravioli?! Did you make it?! Please share the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was that talented! I actually found it at Whole Foods. It was labeled as tomato, basil, and mozzarella ravioli, and from there thought it only made sense to call it caprese ravioli. But either way, it was still delicious!

      Delete
  6. Yum! I fell in love with Bellini's while in Venice last summer. Adding strawberry to it sounds so nice and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete