Thursday, August 29, 2013

S'more Fun

This past weekend the boy and I had our niece and nephew over for the night. Our niece has spent the night here before, but it was our nephew's first time, which also meant it was our first time having the two of them over. After we all had dinner, we got to do something I've been wanting since we moved into our house, roast marshmallows in the backyard.
Ready to Roasting Marshmallows
Of course if you're already roasting marshmellows, you have to go all the way and make s'mores.
S'more
Our niece loved them, and said she'd seen people make them on tv before, but never had done it herself.
S'more Enjoying
Our nephew on the other hand, didn't quite get it. After taking a bite or two of his s'more, decided he would just rather stick marshmallows in the fire for a second or two and eat a warmed marshmallow.
Enjoying S'mores
After a bath, they were watching Aristocats before bed. (I did my best to find a movie they hadn't seen before, and as far as I could tell only one of them had possibly scene it before.)

After an early morning wake-up, the boy made us all breakfast. We had bacon, eggs, plus blueberry biscuits.
Eating Breakfast
The biscuits were actually from a can, and while I was a little skeptical of them wound up being pleasantly surprised. It was definitely a fun weekend, although I'm not sure I'm quite ready for regularly being woken up so early on a weekend.

When was the last time you had a s'more? I'm pretty sure before this weekend, I was going on close to 10 years.

5 comments:

  1. How adorable are they!! I haven't had a traditional s'more in over a year - gluten free graham crackers are ok - but not the same (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just had s'mores 2 weeks ago. They are a popular snack at my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun! That is great that you got to do a sleepover with both of them. I have never gotten to have my nephews spend the night, but would love to host them.

    I haven't had a s'more in years, but I love them. There are GF graham crackers that are actually really good, I just never think to buy some before going to my parents lake home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hasn't been but a few years, maybe, since I've had a s'more. But I'm with your nephew--I just like the marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete