Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mailbox Monday (44)

Another awesome week of books. I know I'm almost jealous of the books I've been picking up lately, so I can only imagine how you all must be feeling. But I guess it's just been an awesome few weeks for me. As normal, I'm linking up with Mailbox Monday which is hosted by BermudaOnion's Weblog for the month of August.
Mailbox Monday
From Goodreads
The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
Taken directly from the cover this is the true story of "Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics." This looks like it'll be really interesting, especially since there was so much going on behind the scenes at the Olympic games. I'm really intrigued by this, and hope it stands up to those expectations.

More Things in Heaven and Earth by Jeff High
I'm not really sure what to expect with this one. I think it's being marketed as Southern fiction? I guess we'll find out!

From Paperback Swap
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Last week I wrote about The Fault in Our Stars, a book I've been dying to read that I finally picked up. This is another one of those! I'm so excited to finally get to this one, and with the movie coming out this fall it seems like a perfect time to start it.

What books did you find in your mailbox this week?

6 comments:

  1. I've read good things about The Boys in the Boat. I hope you enjoy all of your books. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Boys in the Boat is so good! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend just finished The Boys in the Boat and said it was good. ENJOY your books and your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Boys in the Boat is on my wish list. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love The Book Thief! I finished it on my honeymoon, three and a half years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Book Thief is one of my all-time favorite books. I hope you love it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete