Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mailbox Monday (43)

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. Mailbox Monday was started by Marcia who now blogs at To Be Continued.... The link-up travels each month and for August BermudaOnion's Weblog has stepped all to host. For all MM information, be sure to check out the official Mailbox Monday site.
Mailbox Monday
Borrow from a Friend
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
A friend asked if I wanted to borrow this, and I practically had to stop from screaming out of excitement. I've heard SO, SO many amazing things about this book. I'm just hoping it can live up to all my expectations.

For Review from the Author
The Cross and the Dragon by Kim Rendfeld
This is a historical fiction that takes place in France in 778. I've read a good amount of France set books, but nothing from this specific period. I'm already intrigued by this one.

For Review from TLC Book Tours
Weak at the Knees by Jo Kessel
This is a contemporary romance that takes place at a ski resort. Hopefully reading it transports me up to the mountains along with the characters.

What did you find in your mailbox this week? And how often are you scared to read books because of all the positive things you've heard, since you never know if it will live up expectations?

12 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for you to read TFIOS!!! It is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Me too! I have a review book I need to read first, and then I'll start it. Although I'm hoping my review book isn't ruined by the thought, "If I wasn't reading this I would be reading TFIOS!" Ha!

      Delete
  2. Nice haul! The Cross and the Dragon sounds really interesting and what a unique time period. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you haven't read the fault in our stars yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed The Fault In Our Stars. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mailbox! The Cross and the Dragon is really good and The Fault in Our Stars is amazing! I can't wait to see your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TFIOS is on my to read list. The other two are new to me, I hope you enjoy them all!
    Here's My MM

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in for a treat with A Fault in Our Stars but be sure to have tissues handy when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Historical Fiction book caught my eye.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/mailbox-monday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your week. I haven't read any of your new books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard a lot of good things about The Fault In Our Stars...enjoy! And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen nothing but glowing reviews for The Fault in Our Stars. Hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete