Wednesday, August 7, 2013

From Miss to Mrs: Eat, Drink, and Be Married

You didn't think I could write my wedding recaps without mentioning the food, did you? If so, you really have't been around From L.A. to LA long enough! And not only am I going to talk about it, I even have photos to share. Having your photographer take photos of the food may not be the norm, but I wanted it to happen. Which is why one of the only requests I made was food photos and thankfully she made it happen.

Funny enough after praising my photographer for her photos, the first food our guests tried I don't have a photo of. As our guests left the ceremony and walked through the house toward the reception they were handed a cup of Chicken and Andouille Gumbo. With the heat it may not have been the first choice of many, but was still delicious.
00448
Once the guests made it into the reception areas there were passed appetizers to choose from. Above you can see the Jumbo Louisiana Shrimp wrapped with apple smoked bacon, Sesame Seared Tuna with wasabi aioli, and Prosciutto Wrapped Goat Cheese Lollipops. Also served, but not pictured were Phyllo Pastries stuffed with spinach and feta. These were probably my least favorite appetizer, so it isn't too much of a travesty they aren't pictured. My biggest complaint of them was that they didn't meet my quotient of required feta.

And if you're curious as to why all the appetizers are on a single tray, this wasn't actually a passed tray. Instead it was what was waiting for our family members in the parlor for them for them to snack on while waiting for us to finish our yichud and start family photos.

Once we finished our caking cutting it was time to open the buffet. As to why we cut cake before dinner, it's my philosophy of dessert before dinner! Or as a second, more real explanation, it was a way to avoid breaking up the later dancing. Plus it meant that no one had to worry about leaving too early and missing cake.
00527
Starting with my favorite part of the meal, roasted breast of duck drizzled with a praline sauce served with a vegetable medley.
00539
Then Sliced roast pime rib of beef served with creamed mashed potatoes.
00542
There was a vegetable pasta, for the vegetarians. (I will say that trying to explain vegetarian and vegan to a Louisiana caterer wasn't the easiest, but we made it work.)
00533
And for the only actual vegan friendly option, we had raw fruit and vegetables.
00537
There was also chicken and sausage jambalaya, which was the boy's only request for the food when we were searching for a venue. (He didn't care where it was, as long as they served jambalaya.) I don't actually have a photo of it in a serving platter, but you can see it on my dad's plate.

As for dessert, we of course had wedding cake.
00664
You can see the raspberry and pecan praline slices here. We also had a Grand Marnier layer, but it doesn't look like any of those made it into this photo. Of course, if none of these flavors were what you wanted, we also had a strawberry groom's cake.
00548
This was actually my favorite, and the one I'd probably decide to order as an anniversary cake. No, we didn't decide to save our top layer. The thought of eating year old cake sketched me out a little, and I figured I'd rather have fresh cake. Although with our first anniversary less than one month away, I should probably starting planning for picking up a small cake!

Are photos of food something you had, or would want, at your wedding? And what are your thoughts on eating year old cake?

All photos in this post courtesy of Sabree Hill Photography.

Miss a Recap Post?
From Miss to Mrs: The Calm Before the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: There's a Hurricane Coming?
From Miss to Mrs: Here Comes Isaac
From Miss to Mrs: Weathering the Cane
From Miss to Mrs: After the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: Trials and Tribulations
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Errands
From Miss to Mrs: A Night on the Town
From Miss to Mrs: The Hangover
From Miss to Mrs: Rehearsing in the Heat
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Single Supper
From Miss to Mrs: Gifting the Girls
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Single Night
From Miss to Mrs: Oh What a Beautiful Morning
From Miss to Mrs: Getting Prettified
From Miss to Mrs: Prepping the Plantation
From Miss to Mrs: Turtle Time
From Miss to Mrs: The Photographer Has Arrived
From Miss to Mrs: Becoming the Bride
From Miss to Mrs: Dress Details
From Miss to Mrs: Ou Est le Groom?
From Miss to Mrs: A Bridge-y First Look
From Miss to Mrs: Couple Time
From Miss to Mrs: Just the Two of Us
From Miss to Mrs: Grouping the Girls
From Miss to Mrs: Ain't No Party Like a Bridal Party
From Miss to Mrs: Fun with Family
From Miss to Mrs: Making it Official
From Miss to Mrs: The Bedeken
From Miss to Mrs: The Final Minutes
From Miss to Mrs: Programming Break
From Miss to Mrs: The Processional
From Miss to Mrs: Walking the Walk
From Miss to Mrs: Circle to Ceremony
From Miss to Mrs: Remembrance to Kiddush
From Miss to Mrs: The Exchanges
From Miss to Mrs: Lucky Number Seven
From Miss to Mrs: Mazel Tov
From Miss to Mrs: Ceremony Details
From Miss to Mrs: The Yichud
From Miss to Mrs: Extended Fun with Family
From Miss to Mrs: The One Who Found You
From Miss to Mrs: You Are My Fire
Chits and Giggles

3 comments:

  1. Mmm food. Need I say more? I need to go eat now. Thanks for that! Your food did look delicious. Yummy!!

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow your food looks incredible!!! Excuse me while I go stuff my face haha :)

    I think taking photos of the food is a great idea, thanks for suggesting it! I mean, we spend so much on it, why not?

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of that food looks like it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete