Wednesday, July 31, 2013

From Miss to Mrs: You Are My Fire

After our first dance, I had planned for the boy and I to say a few words welcoming everyone to the reception. And by planned I mean I knew, but the boy, not so much. Either I told the boy and he forgot, or I never told him because I assumed he would forget, which ever way it was, he had nothing planned. Which is somewhat amusing considering his words sounded rehearsed, in compared to myself who seemed to have no idea what to say.

The Boy: We're glad you could drag yourself away from hurricane recovery and/or brave the traffic from various airports. We thank you for attending our wedding this evening... hot, maybe too much outside... we appreciate that.
00511
Shoshanah:Thank you all for coming!
00526
The plan from there was to go right into our cake cutting, although there was a bit of miscommunication on the timing. Since we didn't have a cocktail hour, we had our first dance earlier than scheduled. I guess not everyone assumed we would also be moving up the cake cutting. Our photographer hadn't taken detail shots of the cake yet, and they hadn't put out knifes for us yet, but it still worked out fine.
00515
Although it did mean by the time we were cutting our official song ended, but it still went over well with the crowd. As for our official song, none other than the Backstreet Boys' I Want it That Way.
00525
Originally the boy had argued for no Backstreet Boys music. But since he hates desserts anyways, the cake cutting was really just for me. So didn't it also make sense to have the cake song be just for me too? That finally convinced him, at least as long as that one song was the only time BSB would be played at the wedding.
0051700518
We were nice to each other feeding bites, although I did make sure every crumb of cake went to good use.
00519
00520
00521
Lucky for you, there's video of how most of it all went down, from my awkward welcome to our guests cheers once they realized what song was actually playing.

Personal Video
Are you a fan of cake smashing? Or are you more worried about making sure you get your bites of cake?

All photos in this post courtesy of Sabree Hill Photography.

Miss a Recap Post?
From Miss to Mrs: The Calm Before the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: There's a Hurricane Coming?
From Miss to Mrs: Here Comes Isaac
From Miss to Mrs: Weathering the Cane
From Miss to Mrs: After the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: Trials and Tribulations
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Errands
From Miss to Mrs: A Night on the Town
From Miss to Mrs: The Hangover
From Miss to Mrs: Rehearsing in the Heat
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Single Supper
From Miss to Mrs: Gifting the Girls
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Single Night
From Miss to Mrs: Oh What a Beautiful Morning
From Miss to Mrs: Getting Prettified
From Miss to Mrs: Prepping the Plantation
From Miss to Mrs: Turtle Time
From Miss to Mrs: The Photographer Has Arrived
From Miss to Mrs: Becoming the Bride
From Miss to Mrs: Dress Details
From Miss to Mrs: Ou Est le Groom?
From Miss to Mrs: A Bridge-y First Look
From Miss to Mrs: Couple Time
From Miss to Mrs: Just the Two of Us
From Miss to Mrs: Grouping the Girls
From Miss to Mrs: Ain't No Party Like a Bridal Party
From Miss to Mrs: Fun with Family
From Miss to Mrs: Making it Official
From Miss to Mrs: The Bedeken
From Miss to Mrs: The Final Minutes
From Miss to Mrs: Programming Break
From Miss to Mrs: The Processional
From Miss to Mrs: Walking the Walk
From Miss to Mrs: Circle to Ceremony
From Miss to Mrs: Remembrance to Kiddush
From Miss to Mrs: The Exchanges
From Miss to Mrs: Lucky Number Seven
From Miss to Mrs: Mazel Tov
From Miss to Mrs: Ceremony Details
From Miss to Mrs: The Yichud
From Miss to Mrs: Extended Fun with Family
From Miss to Mrs: The One Who Found You
Chits and Giggles

9 comments:

  1. If my future husband smashed cake in my face I would NOT be happy! I have seen brides roll with it, but that is just so not me! I highly doubt I will have cake when/if I get married as GF cake is usually disgusting. Instead I will have macarons or an ice cream sundae bar, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the cake! I love even more that you had a backstreet song as your first dance song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I do not want cake smashed in my face, but if it happens it happens. Not much I can do about it! That is funny that you ate every bite. I will probably be the same way!

    Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continually made comments to Mr. Q about how much I was paying for wedding day makeup, and then my mother informed him that she saw cake smashing as grounds for annulment - and that put an end to any fantasies he may have had of putting cake on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so funny that in the 1st picture it looks like your husband is holding a fake microphone. but in the video you can see he was actually just reaching up to wipe his face. you guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! I never would have thought of it without you saying something, but it definitely does look like that.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to catch up on every one of your From Miss to Mrs posts! They will be so helpful! I am two months out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope you keep reading! And good luck on your own wedding! The time leading up to the wedding really does fly by and before you know it you'll be on the other side looking back.

      Delete
  7. I can't decide about the cake smashing. Most of me wants to do it, to be honest, but that part of me that spends money on pretty make-up makes me think otherwise! haha thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete