Thursday, February 28, 2013

From Miss to Mrs: Walking the Walk

After the the wedding party took their place, the boy's cousin once again rang the large bell to announce my arrival as the bride.
00310
Walking down the aisle is something I thought a lot about before the wedding by didn't feel quite up to blogging about. See when I pictured my wedding growing up, I picture a Jewish wedding, which meany I always pictured my dad and my mom walking me down the aisle. It was what I had always planned on do, and saw no reason why it wouldn't happen, at least until my mom's death just 10 months before our wedding.

Now I knew I could still walk down the aisle with just my dad. But I hated the fact that some of our guests would think that was normal. That they'd have no idea that my mom was missing and was supposed to walk down the aisle with us. I spent a lot of time thinking about what to do, and decided that what made the most sense was to have my dad and my grandma (as in my mom's mom) walk me down the aisle. Which is why when the doors opened to the house it revealed myself standing there with both my dad and grandmother.
00342
I still remember standing behind the door with our coordinator waiting to hear the bell that would signal the door opening. And I remember walking carefully down the steps so I wouldn't trip in my heels or over my dress. But the rest of our walk down the aisle? Well, let's just say it's a blur, but I'm happy to have photos and videos of it to remind me.
00349
The song we choose to walk down the aisle to was Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. This isn't necessarily a song that has a huge amount of meaning to us. But it is a song the boy and I boy like, and I thought it worked well for the setting the vibe of our wedding. There wasn't really a question of what song I'd be walking down the aisle too, and still really love our choice.
00352
Once we made it to the end of the aisle my grandmother removed my veil,
00355
and gave me a hug. And yes, I do have quite the "ugly cry face" in these photos.
00356
But I wasn't the only one. I'm not sure who started it, but by the time I made it to the end of the aisle my dad, and all my bridesmaids were in tears as well.
00363
Finally after giving my dad a hug, I then took my place with the boy for the first part of our ceremony.
00359
Who did you walk down the aisle with? Or who do (or did) you picture yourself walking down the aisle with?

All photos in this post courtesy of Sabree Hill Photography.

Miss a Recap Post?
From Miss to Mrs: The Calm Before the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: There's a Hurricane Coming?
From Miss to Mrs: Here Comes Isaac
From Miss to Mrs: Weathering the Cane
From Miss to Mrs: After the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: Trials and Tribulations
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Errands
From Miss to Mrs: A Night on the Town
From Miss to Mrs: The Hangover
From Miss to Mrs: Rehearsing in the Heat
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Single Supper
From Miss to Mrs: Gifting the Girls
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Single Night
From Miss to Mrs: Oh What a Beautiful Morning
From Miss to Mrs: Getting Prettified
From Miss to Mrs: Prepping the Plantation
From Miss to Mrs: Turtle Time
From Miss to Mrs: The Photographer Has Arrived
From Miss to Mrs: Becoming the Bride
From Miss to Mrs: Dress Details
From Miss to Mrs: Ou Est le Groom?
From Miss to Mrs: A Bridge-y First Look
From Miss to Mrs: Couple Time
From Miss to Mrs: Just the Two of Us
From Miss to Mrs: Grouping the Girls
From Miss to Mrs: Ain't No Party Like a Bridal Party
From Miss to Mrs: Fun with Family
From Miss to Mrs: Making it Official
From Miss to Mrs: The Bedeken
From Miss to Mrs: The Final Minutes
From Miss to Mrs: Programming Break
From Miss to Mrs: The Processional

4 comments:

  1. I love that song! i walked down with my parents. I like that you had your grandmother walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walked down with both my parents. My parents are separated and have both played really important, individual, roles in raising me so it was important to me to have them both walk me down. I love that you had your grandmother walk you down with your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! what a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet! I love the crying shots. Too precious!

    ReplyDelete