Friday, March 1, 2013

Meals, Moments, Reviews, & Remembering in February

MMRR is my monthly wrap-up post inspired by Lisa of Lisa's Yarns. It's my little way of highlighting what happened on and off the blog in the past month!

Meals
I have to say my favorite meal of the months was the boy's Super Bowl Sunday Meal. And my contribution to the meal, a pineapple upside-down cake was quite delicious as well. A close second though, would have to be the boudin panini from Three Bones Food Truck.

Moments
I hosted 3 book giveaways this month! Two of which The House Girl and The Long Way Home, are still open for entries. Off the blog, the boy and I celebrated Valentine's Day with sushi and Die Hard, and I also spend the day in NOLA with my BFF who was in town.

Reviews
In February, I reviewed 7 books and 4 movies.
Whip Smart by Kit Brennan
The Eighth Wonder by Kimberly S. Young
Fallen by Laury Falter
The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
The House Girl by Tara Conklin
The Long Way Home by Mariah Stewart
Warm Bodies
Argo
A Good Day to Die Hard
Beautiful Creatures

My favorite out of all of these by far was The Promise of Stardust. Although I really liked all the movies we saw. Or at least all excluding the newest Die Hard.

Remembering
In February, two years ago my parents were in town to help me visit and decide on a wedding location. While visiting Houmas House, the location we where we did get married, my mom and I took this picture.
DSC_1079
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that photo is the last one my mom and I ever took together.

What are the meals, moments, reviews, and remembering did you experienced in February?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, for some reason I did not realize that you and your mom had visited your ceremony/reception site together!

    Let's see, my favorite meal was probably the lasagna I made for the dinner party I hosted, my favorite book was The Secret of Nightingale Palace, and when I think back on last February, I think of how I totally did not get to celebrate my birthday as I worked a 16 hour day in Charlotte since i was at a sales conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that I love that you do book reviews. It is great!

    ReplyDelete