Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Choice

Last week I gave you the venues we had narrowed it down to. This week I'm revealing our decision. Some of you got it right, but the venue we picked was...
Houmas House
DSC_5797
Houmas House!

Of course I can't make the reveal without showing more pictures of the site, this way you'll fall in love at least a little more like me.
DSC04935
In the Gardens
DSC_1069
This is inside the reception area looking out to where we'll have our cocktail hour.
DSC04944
Fountain behind Houmas House
DSC_5805
This is the original Houmas House china, which they've had remade and will be served on to look something like this.
Eggs Creole
Although this was taken at a brunch eaten in their restaurant. Since we're having an evening reception we're not expecting to have any hollandaise sauce.
Dragonfly Chairs
DSC_5808
DSC_5796
Of course I can't show all these pictures of the plantation without at least one photo from an actual wedding there, right? Didn't think so!

source
Now that you know our final choice, please join in my excitment and let me know what's your favorite part of our venue, based on course on the pictures I've shared.

12 comments:

  1. omg I love that site! So pretty! It looks like you'll have amazing photos and such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you're getting married at an old plantation! It couldn't be more Louisiana, I think you're going to have such gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Definitely a very "Louisiana" wedding! Can't wait to hear more about planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! i don't remember which i picked for you, but i just love this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous reception site. It will realy show the Lousiana way to your guests. So beautiful. I love the rich colors of that one interior room. And that bride w/ the water lilies reminds me of a monet wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous venue! Love the teal bridge and wire work touches! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about it. Beautiful location!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are thrilled you chose Houmas House! Your wedding will be everything you've ever dreamt it would be. Thanks for sharing your excitement with the world.

    See you again real soon,

    Jesse Lambert and
    Your Friends at Houmas House

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks amazing and it's going to be an amazing backdrop to your wedding! I can't wait to see pics already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of it, especially since I've been there! Hopefully you can get a picture on the big spiral staircase!

    Did you pick a photographer yet? I can suggest some awesome ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your venue. It is gorgeous and classic and perfect!!! I'm slightly jealous of all the beautiful venue choices you have in the South. I cannot wait to hear more! Yay for decision making!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a stunning venue! How did you find such a gorgeous place? I'm ready to see YOUR wedding photos at that place.

    ReplyDelete