Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Priests & Pirates

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
By now I think everyone has seen Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, and here again he doesn't disappoint with his portrayal. I wouldn't list this as the best Pirates movie, but overall I enjoyed it. I did seem to drag in the middle, but sped up towards the end, coincidentally (or more not!) once the mermaids were introduced. Honestly the mermaids made the movie for me, and were my favorite part. Probably not what I was supposed to take away from it, but it was the strong point for me. We did opt to see this in 3-D, and think this was a movie where it was worth the up charge.
Priest
I never would have expected to see this, but Sunday afternoon the boy was bored so off to the movies we went. It's kind of a vampire meets western movie, and in general the movie was a lot better than I expected. That's not to say I'd see it again, but more that I went in thinking I would hate it, but it wasn't that bad. This time we opted for 2-D, and seeing it I do think it could have been fun with the extra dimension, in no way do I regret the choice we made.

Overall, I guess it was a weak weekend for movies. But with the movies opening in the weeks to come I think you'd be fine skipping these two and waiting for something better.

1 comment:

  1. I had gone to the midnight showing for POTC 4 last Thursday. Except for the teeny-boopers in the theater, I LOVED it! I hope theymake another, and another, and another....well you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete