This week I'm participating in a summer edition of Roots & Rings' Ten on Tuesday.
1. From your childhood, what do you miss most about summer vacation?
I actually loved summer camp. And part of me wishes I could go back. One of the camps I used to go to hosts a week long family camp every summer, and I'd love to be able to go back someday with my future family.
2. Are you going anywhere on vacation this summer?
Nothing is planned at the moment, so unless something changes most likely not.
3. What foods do you like to barbecue?
In general, I'll eat pretty much anything barbecue, but at the moment I'm craving grilled pineapple.
4. How do you celebrate the fourth of July?
Growing up we used to also walk down to the beach to see the fireworks over the ocean. Since I've been in Louisiana there have been a few times when we've gone down to the levee to watch them, but we haven't really established a pattern yet.
5. What’s your favorite beverage to drink in the summertime?
I grew up with a lemon tree in the backyard, and used to love it when my dad made fresh lemonade. But in general, Vanilla Coke is my go to drink
6. What movie are you looking forward to seeing this summer?
A lot of books turned into movies actually. Of coarse the final Harry Potter, but also One Day and Sarah's Key.
7. In the car: windows down or AC?
AC. I'm not a huge fan of wind blown hair.
8. Have you ever had a summer fling?
One or two, but I'm not sure if they really count as one. Either way I had a few fun summers back in the day.
9. Do you wear sunscreen?
Not normally, which I know is awful. I will if I'm spending the day at the beach, but if I'm just laying out in the backyard, normally it's no.
10. Do you have any favorite summertime activities?
Speaking of not wearing sunscreen, I love being able to lay out and tay and read magazines or a good book.
2 hours ago