Saturday, August 17, 2013

Project 365: Days 222 Through 228

Instead of a silly intro that you're barely going to read, why don't we just get straight to my daily photos!
Mardi Gras Salad
August 10, 2013 - 122/365: We've been going to Voodoo BBQ for years, but they've recently changed up their menu. One of their new additions was this Mardi Gras Salad with mango, cranberries, sugared pecans, and goat cheese. So delicious! I think I may have found my new favorite there. Although next time I may ask if I can substitute as a side with brisket.
Rain Storm
August 11, 2013 - 123/365: Rain storm looking into the backyard.
Finally trying one of @chickfila's new salads
August 12, 2013 - 124/365: I went to Chick-fil-a and finally tried one of their new salads. Again, I think this may be a new favorite and what I'll be ordering each time. Plus after I instagramed my photo, chick-fil-a replied to my tweet!
Reading w Freeze Dried Mango
August 13, 2013 - 125/365: Freeze dried mango and a book before bed.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
August 14, 2013 - 126/365: The boy made these handheld chicken pot pies. They probably weren't his high point of the summer, but they weren't bad either.
Peach Tree & Shed
August 15, 2013 - 127/365: Our baby peach tree in front of our shed.
Red Pepper & Gouda Soup
August 16, 2013 - 128/365: I tried this Campbell's Red Pepper with Gouda soup. It was more gouda-y than expected, but still really good. Plus I have a few other pouches in the pantry that I'm looking forward to try as well.

How often do you change up you go-to meal at a favorite restaurant? I so rarely do it, which is why it's surprising I seem to have made two changes to regulars this week.

I'm linking this post up with Random-osity & Kleinworth & Co. for Project 52!

7 comments:

  1. That salad with mango sounds amazing! I'm totally making it soon. And I love chick fil a salads, so yummy, but also not all that healthy haha oh well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious! I can't wait to see what you do to it!

      And it was actually your post that convinced me to try their salad. I'm normally leery of a salads from fast food places, but seeing you liked it convinced me. And considering the amount of fried chicken it has, it's probably has more calories than a normal nugget and fry meal would, but at least your getting a few green pieces in you as well.

      Delete
  2. Ok. That salad from Voodoo BBQ looks incredible. What is the Chick-FIl-A salad?? I haven't been there in so long! I'ma have to change that soon it seems!

    And goodness do I love a rain storm... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget what it's actually called, but it's basically their version of a Chinese chicken salad. Definitely a pretty incredible salad considering it's a fast food restaurant.

      Delete
  3. I almost always order the same thing once I find a favorite item at a restaurant. There's a new-ish Cajun restaurant in Roanoke and I can't force myself to get anything but the shrimp and grits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It normally takes me a long time to normally work up to it, and most times when I change I regret it once my food comes. This time though, I think it was definitely the better option.

      Delete
  4. I love freeze dried mango! Another delicious week!

    ReplyDelete