Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday!

No, not to me. Today was the boy's niece's 2nd birthday (it was her actual birthday as well as her party). The boy of course had to work, so I headed over on my own. The party theme was Minnie Mouse, so there was a Minnie Mouse cake as well as a bunch of other snacks and food. They actually tried to buy a Minnie Mouse cake at a bakery, but every bakery said they couldn't sell Minne cakes due to copyright infringement. They made the cake themselves, and I thought it turned and pretty good and was really yummy! I would post a picture for everyone, but I forgot my camera!

I had charged my camera last night so it would be ready for the party, but I left it on the charger! I didn't realize I had forgotten it until I tried to take it out for a picture.

The fact that I didn't have a camera was a little disappointing, but everything else was pretty good. Well, everything else except the weather. Right when I pulled up to the house it started drizzling. And by the time I got inside it was pretty much a downpour, so we were all trapped inside. And of course the rain stopped just after everyone left.

It's so crazy how old his niece is now! I was there when she was born, and its a a bit surreal to think she's 2 now. She's actually talking and making sense! I had a blast playing with her and a some of the other kids throughout most of the party. One of the little boys kept grabbing my hand and making me walk laps around the house with him. And being around all these kids makes me want to have my one. Until of course the rational part of my mind kicks in and tells me I am nowhere near ready for that. Of course it didn't help that I was the only one at the party that didn't have a kid.

After the party was over I hung out with the rest of the family waiting for the boy. He stopped by after he got of work, so he got to have a little time with his niece as well. We had the birthday girl wait until he got their to open our present. I did actually take a picture of the present back at our apartment, so I do have at least one picture to share!
2nd Birthday Presents
Besides the these two books, we also got her numbers book with dry-erase pages and a marker so you can write how many things are in each picture, a bubble mower, and a WordWorld Tiger, which is a tiger made out of the letters T-I-G-E-R. Each letter is magnetic so you can learn to associate the word with the animal. I think she was pretty happy with the presents we got her, she actually said Tiger and growled when she opened the Tiger. Overall, I think it was a pretty good Sunday!

~Shoshananh

5 comments:

  1. Aww that's great!! It's crazy to watch kids grow up, hey! Erics nephew was just a baby when we started dating and now he's FIVE! And I was there for the birth of his other two nieces so it's weird watching them all get older SOOOO quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love little kids' birthday parties! My best friend's nephew is turning 3 at the end of this month and he's all about Handy Manny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was with J when his niece was born two years ago this sunday... It's crazy to see her grow up and realize that we've been together for two years and in two years this very tiny baby became a very adorable (still tiny) two year old! I'm still trying to figure out what to get her for this weekend but I'm def getting her that house book you recommended if I find it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday to the boy's niece! :)

    Kids grow up so fast... Just yesterday my nephew/Godson was born, and was a little baby...and now, he's soon to be 3 years old and can say words and understands what someone is telling him. It's so weird. :)

    I miss my little guy when all he did was crawl everywhere. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a great gift you have...I love receiving gifts on Christmas and of course on my birthday.. I also love giving gifts too..

    Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete