Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm The Next Top Chef

Has anyone else been watching Top Chef Masters this season? If not, last night the 6 finalists were each asked to create a signature meal. Suzanne Tracht of Jar in Los Angeles made for her signature dish Chopped Sirloin on Toast with a Fried Egg and Green Peppercorn Sauce. And I started practically screaming at the TV, "We made that!" It was a about two years ago, but I of course still have pictures!
Chopped Sirloin on Toast Topped with a Fried Egg and Green Peppercorn Sauce
Suzanne Tracht's Chopped Sirloin on Toast with a Fried Egg and Green Peppercorn Sauce
The recipe is from Nancy Silverton's A Twist the Wrist, but the recipe is credited to Suzanne Tracht. So the next time you watch Top Chef in awe and think, "I could never do that," well guess what? You totally can!

~Shoshanah

P.S. I won't be having a Frozen Thursday tonight since the boy decided to make red beans and rice. He said it made it the right way instead of the shortcut way he normally does, so I'm excited!

P.P.S. Anyone else excited about watching the premiere of Real Housewives of Atlanta tonight?

5 comments:

  1. YES... I'm loving Top Chef Masters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny that you guys had made the same dish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne was a chef at Campanile before she opened Jar with Mark Peel (the chef/owner of Campanile and ex husband of Nancy Silverton) as her business partner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU won my book giveaway! :) Please send me your address when you get a chance! My email can be found on my blog!

    ReplyDelete