Monday, July 27, 2009

Away We Go

We didn't have a lot of movies to pick from this weekend. We saw The Ugly Truth last weekend. We really didn't want to see G-Force. We were willing to settle for Orphan. But lucky for there was a showing more than one movie showing at 4:40, and since I've been wanting to see this movie since it came it in limited release, well Away To Review!

Away We Go
I do think I over hyped it. I was so looking forward to this and had such high expectations that it really couldn't quite met them. I still enjoyed the movie overall, but it wasn't quite there.

In general the movies seems to put the two main characters in awkward situation after awkward situation. If you like seeing people in awkward situations then you'd probably enjoy this, but it just felt awkward to me. There were two major laugh out loud moments. But the rest of the movie wasn't necessarily funny, but more a laughing because you feel like you're in an uncomfortable situation and you're not sure what else to do. There were a few romantic scenes at the end I did like.

Normally at this point I'd give ideas about what to go see instead of this. But honestly, I'd classify this as almost a romance, and there aren't a lot of romantic type movies out. (I'd say its as much as a romance as Garden State is a romance, and thinking about it now there are a lot of similarities between this and Garden State.) I won't necessarily go out of my way to see it again, but I definitely don't think it was a waste of money. The boy on the other hand, well let's just say I don't think I could EVER get him to watch this with me again.

Moving to a different note, the season finale of The Bachelorette is on tonight! I know I haven't written a lot about it this season, but I'm thinking Jillian's going to choose Ed, although it wouldn't surprise me if they're already broken up on the renunion show.

~Shoshanah

3 comments:

  1. I liked the movie, but thought that Maggie Gyllenhall stole the movie with her scene. LOVED HER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the Bachelorette and seriously it was better than a springer episode...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lacey I was going to say that but forgot to actually write it down. I completely agree with you though!

    ReplyDelete