Thursday, July 9, 2009

Indian Vegetable Korma

Amy's Indian Vegetable Korma
Amy's Indian Vegetable Korma
Yes, I had Indian food last week. But I haven't had Amy's a good while so I figured it evens out. Now taken directly from the box:

"Made with organic vegetables and rice. Curried vegetables with rice & dal."

Not sure what dal is? Well neither did I. Turns out from the back of the box its the Indian word for lentils. And I know what lentils are! Honestly, I had forgotten how much I love Amy's product. It was so good, the whole time I was trying to eat slowly so it would last longer.

Starting with the rice. It had kind of a lemony flavor, and it was the pretty temperature and texture. But the rice for probably my least favorite part. Not because it was bad, but because the other parts we so good. The curried vegetables were really good. Pieces of potatoes, peas, and carrots. All perfectly soft. And then there were the lentils which were also really good. They actually had a few raisins mixed in with them which was a pleasant surprise.

What I loved about this product was that it felt like an actual meal. It gave me a variety of thing to eat. And made me realize I need to start buying more Amy's products again!

And for dessert? Well its been a while since I've had one of these!
Betty Crocker Mini Warm Delight
Betty Crocker Mini Warm Delight in Molten Caramel Cake
And the caramel sauce? I was aiming to make a heart. Clearly a fail there. Even with the lack of a heart, still really yummy.

~Shoshanah

8 comments:

  1. ahahahha. the heart was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm I LOVE Amy's! Everything is so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're making me hungry! I LOVE those warm delights. though, the mini ones always leave me wanting more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love Indian food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eat the Amy's Indian Meals ALL the time. They are amazing! Glad you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well my coworker knows Laurel she owns a spa here in the Westlake area of Austin...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This totally just made me crazy hungry!!! I was going to have eggs for lunch, but I DO have an Amy's dinner in the freezer I think...maybe I should have that :P And the dessert looks TOO good! I don't think we have those here! :(

    ReplyDelete