Monday, July 13, 2009

I Love You Bruno

So this entry will probably be a little short. Mainly because I wasn't paying attention to the time and The Bachelorette is starting in about 10 minutes. Luckily, there isn't a crazy amount I want to say about either of these movies so it shouldn't be too bad.

Bruno
Please know what you are getting into when you see this movie. Do not be like the people who left within the first 5 minutes of the movie in the middle of the first gay... love scene. (Yes, there is a word that would have worked slightly better there.) If you are easily offended you probably will be offended. And know that there will be a lot of nudity. The majority of it male, but some female as well.

If you have seen Borat you have a pretty good idea what you're getting into. I don't think its a good as Borat. I think part of that is that there isn't as much novelty. We know what to expect, and know that all the skits are 100% real. It is still funny, and if you liked the first you will probably be amused as well. Overall, I'd say my favorite part is the celebrity sung song at the very end.

I Love You Beth Cooper
No, this movie wasn't that offensive, but it wasn't very good either. There were a few scenes that worked, and were almost good. But overall the movie just wasn't very good. I actually asked the boy if we could live halfway through the movie. I wasn't completely serious because I love the theater atmosphere, but it was bad enough that I said it.

I'm hoping for Hayden Panettiere's sake she made this a WHILE ago. Back when she was acting in the Bring it on sequels. I think she better than this now. Although she hasn't really been in many movies, so maybe this is the best they're offering her. If so, yuck! I'd tell her to stick to tv acting.

There were several 12-year-old boys in the audience who seemed to think it was hilarious. So if you're a 12-year-old boy you might love it. I would say if you really want to go to a movie, skip these two, wait till tomorrow night and go see Harry Potter!

~Shoshanah

7 comments:

  1. I hated HATED Borat...so I'm passing on Bruno.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw Bruno last night!! Hilarious! I was in pain I was laughing so hard! But yes, very offensive...if you take it too seriously.

    Have you seen the Hangover yet? If you haven't, you need to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see The Hangover, and loved it! Far more than Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review of Bruno. I'm still on the fence if I want to pay $10 to see this at the movies.

    I think it will be hard to top The Hangover as funniest movie of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i absolutely can't wait for bruno! i loveeed the hangover though, it was hilarious and i'm really excited for some harry potter actionnnn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree, if you're offended by anything remotely gay, then why would you even go see the movie?? I thought it was pretty funny :) I could've done with a little less graphic scenes but the rest was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete