Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Ugly Truth

I've already written about the major movie opening this weekend. But what would an end of the weekend be without me posting a movie review. I didn't want to disappoint anyone (really I'm sure, anyone = just me). But I can't let me you all down! Luckily, we had a sneak peak of one of next week's big release at our local theater.

The Ugly Truth
First I love Katherine Heigel. I love her on Grey's, but I even loved her back when she was on Roswell. If you want to go back before that, I loved her Disney Channel movie Wish Upon A Star, and I have watched My Father, The Hero numerous times. I will say that my best friend LOVED My Father, The Hero, and that's the main reason I watched that over and over. Wish Upon A Star though is all me. So basically I wanted to see it based on just her. And well, she didn't disappoint.

The actually movie though? I thought it started strong, and really liked the ending. But there were some points in the middle that just felt a little long. I asked the boy his opinion, and he said there were a lot of really funny highs, but the times in between the jokes were just kind of there.

Overall I did like it, and it is one of the better comedies out right now (at least come next weekend, when The Ugly Truth hits wide release). If you haven't seen The Hangover, I would have that be your best choice. But The Ugly Truth would be a good second, and a much better choice than Bruno.

8 comments:

  1. Ok...My Father the Hero is my favorite movie. I spent years trying to find the soundtrack to the movie even. I knew who the baha men were...wayyyy before Who let the dogs out hit it big!

    And wish upon a star?!?! I want to name a kid Alexia Wheaton!!! Where do you think I stole the baby name wheaton from.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this movie! I think it looks hilarious. I have always like Katherine Heigl too and never understood why she has so many haters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Katherine Heigl (and personally hope she'll stay on Grey's for EVER !).

    I was really really looking forward to seeing the Ugly Truth, but the more I see the previews, the more it sort of annoys me :S But I'll go see it anyways of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I LOVED Roswell and I loved her in it.... I seriously thought I was the only one that remembered that show!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how that movie was. I will definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see this movie! I am a big KH fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i haven't seen previews for this one yet after reading this i'm excited to see this movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i seriously love all your movie reviews! my sister wants to see this so bad! i'll have to take her :)

    ReplyDelete