Saturday, November 17, 2012

From Miss to Mrs: Oh What a Beautiful Morning

Normally when my alarm goes off I hit snooze (maybe multiple times even), but on my wedding morning, it actually got me out of bed. I do remember lying there for a minute or so, wanting to go back to bed, but knew that today it really wasn't worth it. So up I got, and logged onto my computer to write this post while waiting for my bridesmaids to wake up.

I woke up at 8, and was hoping to leave the house by 9 to meet our hair stylist at the venue by 10am. Except my bridesmaids didn't really get out of bed till around 9. But eventually they were all up and ready, and we loaded the cars so we could be on the way. (I didn't really think about how much stuff I would be needing to bring with us. We wound up needing to take two cars, my own Echo and Bridesmaid NYC's rental. I wasn't completely sure how my car would be getting back to house at the end of the night, but figured there would be enough people there for us to find a willing driver.)

Once we left the house we made a stop at Starbucks for my last Pumpkin Spice Latte as a single woman. And while we were still in the parking lot our hairdresser sent me a text letting me know that she was at the venue waiting on us. I felt so awful that wewere going to be late and we were making her wait. But at least we were in the car at the point, and there was nothing to do except finish the drive.

We called our coordinator at Houmas House on the drive just to check-in. She wasn't actually at work yet (not too surprising because it would have meant she'd be there over 12 hours), but it wound up being a good thing since she let us know our "getting ready" room had changed.

We were originally supposed to get ready in a room attached to our reception room. Except once the power came back on, the air conditioner in that room didn't. It wound up not being a big deal since there was another location onsite for us to use. (Again not surprising since they'll often host multiple weddings in a day. We were lucky in that we were the only wedding there that weekend, probably because other brides were smart and didn't want to risk hurricanes.)

Our appointed room was now the bridal cottage, which was slightly bigger than we were expected, but also was on the complete other side of the property. We had tons of boxes for centerpieces, the candy bar, and everything else in our cars, but thankfully one of the employees brought a golf cart out to us and drove everything in multiple trips to the reception space.

Now, just to set the scene, here's a few photos (all borrowed from family and friends) around the plantation from the day of the wedding.









How quickly (or not-so-quickly) did you wake up the morning of your wedding? And are you the type of person whose always on-time, always early, or always late?

Miss a Recap Post?
From Miss to Mrs: The Calm Before the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: There's a Hurricane Coming?
From Miss to Mrs: Here Comes Isaac
From Miss to Mrs: Weathering the Cane
From Miss to Mrs: After the Storm
From Miss to Mrs: Trials and Tribulations
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Errands
From Miss to Mrs: A Night on the Town
From Miss to Mrs: The Hangover
From Miss to Mrs: Rehearsing in the Heat
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Single Supper
From Miss to Mrs: Gifting the Girls
From Miss to Mrs: The Last Single Night

6 comments:

  1. I tend to hit snooze a few times in the mornings as well and I am also a chronically late person. I am almost always RIGHT on time or a few minutes late (never super late at least!). I know this is a terrible habit of mine and something I need to work in. I always think I have more time than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that place is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reception place was just gorgeous! I especially love that arched walk way. So pretty. And it just looks so Southern! I can't wait to see you professional photos.

    I am not a person who pushes snooze. I used to but broke that habit years ago. And I am ALWAYS early and I get panicky if I think I will be late. I hate that feeling so much, so I am always early for things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like an amazing place for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I woke up late on my wedding day because I had not slept for two days prior because I, too, dealt with a hurricane/tropical storm!

    ReplyDelete