Friday, November 23, 2012

Sweeter Than Candy

Sweet Little Lies by Lauren Conrad
It's been over two years since I read L.A. Candy, which made it a little hard to follow this at first. (I actually went back and read my review as a little refresher, and while there was surprised to how many of my current blog friends commented on that post.) It took me a while to really get back into Jane's world, but after a few chapters I was hooked.

These books are really similar to The Hills in that you know you don't need to be watching this, but you can't help but enjoy yourself. (Obviously, there are a ton more similarities to The Hills, since even though it isn't officially, this is basically Lauren's story of what filming was little for her.) I did think it was interesting how there was somewhat of a "good Heidi" character and a "bad Heidi" character. It was almost if Lauren was writing how she wished hers and Heidi's friendship had turned out, along with how it actually did fall apart.

I had been a little disappointed with the first book since I hadn't noticed a Whitney character. But in this one it's very clear who is supposed to be Whitney, and it really makes you wonder if this is how Whitney's and Lauren's friendship really began.

This was a fun little piece of nostalgia for me, and makes me want to go back and watch old episodes of The Hills. (Although I actually have seen it somewhat recently, when I watched a piece of an episode the night of my bachelorette.) After finishing this, I'd definitely like the read the third, and I believe final, book in this series. Hopefully it doesn't take me two years to get to it this time.

4/5

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I never watched The Hills, but I really want to read her books :)

    ReplyDelete