Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wishing & Hoping Again

Two years ago I wrote this post with my holiday wish list, and I thought it would be fun to bring the idea back this year. I'm not really expecting anyone to buy things from this, but just thought it would be fun. Plus I think it's interesting looking at what I wanted two years ago, and see all how many similarities there are, and just what is different.
Pasta Maker from Sur La Table, which was actually from our wedding registry and never gifted.
Madame Serpent by Jean Plaidy
While this exact book wasn't on my last wish list, there still was another Jean Plaidy title I was lusting over (and have since read).
Soup bowl in our Vera Wang china pattern from Macy's, also left over from our registry.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Duvet cover from Pottery Barn
And yes, this was also left over from our registry.
The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory
And again, while this exact book wasn't one my list two years ago, there was a Greggory book on it.
Towels from Pottery Barn
The boy actually received the purple towels he wanted, but these are the blue towels I wanted. Do we really need separate towels? Probably not, but this is a wish list, not a need list after all.
The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
Taylor Switf's Red
Finally, while Red wasn't on my list from two years ago, I bet by now you can guess what was on my last one.

What's on your wish list this year? Are you lusting over any of the same things as me?

4 comments:

  1. I read The White Queen back in the spring, and I just finished The Red Queen this weekend. The Lady of the Rivers is next on my list!!!!

    Philippa Gregory is my all-time favorite author, and her books are ones I always buy, instead of borrow from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get The Night Circus. I really enjoyed it. I love the idea of posting a wish list. I might do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting The Night Circus as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get some of these great things!

    ReplyDelete