Thursday, November 22, 2012

Not That Innocent

Curiosity Killed the Kat by Elizabeth Nelson
This is a somewhat of a short story, that in a way could easily be described as a novella. It reminded me of Fifty Shades of Grey, at least a version where Anastasia decides to stand up for herself and pay Christian Grey back for his actions.

I wasn't a huge fan of the actual writing in this, especially the moments of dialogue. (And I didn't mind the writing in Fifty if that means something to you.) But really did enjoy the actual story, and thought it was a fun ride.

The end of this is very sudden, and in some ways I think it would have worked better if this entire book was only first first part of a whole novel. But I do think there is a lot of potential here, and I would be curious to see where Nelson takes Kat's story to next.

3.5/5

Disclosure: I was provided this book through Virtual Author Book Tours. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the tour. I'm glad you could see the potential.

    ReplyDelete