Friday, November 30, 2012

Meals, Moments, Reviews, & Remembering in Novemeber

Last month I started my new monthly wrap-up post inspired by Lisa's Yarns. Although if you want a longer explanation of the idea behind it check out last month's posts. Since now we all know where the idea came from, let's get to the idea itself!

Meals
I had a ton of awesome food on my trip to California over Thanksgiving (which I've yet to blog about). I could take the easy route and say to wait for that post, but instead I'm blogging about this.
DSC07588
Campbell's Thai Tomato Coconut Soup
I picked this up on a whim, because the idea intrigued me. I thought it would taste like tomato soup, with a hint of coconut. But instead it was more like Thai coconut soup with a hint of tomato. It really did surprise me by how much I enjoyed it. I haven't seen it in stores, since I tried it, but I'll definitely be on the look out for it again.

Moments
I had planned on participating in NaBloPoMo this year. Except the first weekend of the month I wound up re-installing Windows on my computer, and missing a few days as I tried to get it to work. Turns out the type of laptop I have has some sort of bug where it won't just install Windows without a few tweaks. I probably need a new laptop (I've had this one for 5 years maybe?), but for now it's working, and I'm hoping for at least another year out of it. And even with that setbacks still managed to blog 24 out of 30 days, and am on track to make 2012 my most blogged year ever.

Reviews
This month I've reviewed 5 books and 5 movies.
Queen By Right by Anne Easter Smith
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
The Adventures of Tila Pinkerton by Angela Shelton
Curiosity Killed the Kat by Elizabeth Nelson
Sweet Little Lies by Lauren Conrad
The Man with the Iron Fists
Skyfall

Rise of the Guardians
Breaking Dawn: Part 2
Life of Pi

My favorite out of all these would have the be The Perks of Being a Wallflower. (The book version at least, I've still yet to see the movie.)

Remembering
November is quite the month for memories. November 20, 2006 is when the boy & I first became official. On our 4th anniversary, on November 20, 2010 is when the boy proposed and we became an engaged couple. And one day before our fifth dating anniversary, on November 19, 2011 is when my mom passed away.

What are the meals, moments, reviews, and remembering have you experienced in the past 30 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment