Tuesday, July 2, 2013

MMRR in June

I normally try to have my monthly recap post up the last day of every month, except here we are on the second day of July. But better late, then never, right? As normal, my monthly recap post is inspired by Lisa's.

Meals
As much as I'd love to say the best meal was my kale pasta that honor has to go to the boy's roasted duck. I mean it just looks gorgeous in the photo.
Duck, Swiss Chard, & Potatoes
Granted, I am a fan of duck in general, but this was pretty amazing.

Moments
Overall it feels like this month was pretty calm. A good friend of ours had a baby, although technically that happened late on May 31, but practically June. And while I rarely talk about it on the blog, work was a little crazy as well. We went through training for a new product, we had people move on from the company, as well as move within it. And I received some good work news as well. So on that front at least, life was eventful.

Reviews
This month I reveiwed 5 books and 3 movies.
The Apple Orchard by Susan Wiggs
Gaijin Cowgirl by Jame DiBiasio
Bond Girl by Erin Duffy
Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
After Earth
The Internship
This is the End
My favorite had to be A Land More Kind Than Home with Bond Girl as a close second.

Moments
I was going through my June archives trying to find the perfect post to share here, and wow, and I wrote a ton of fun posts in Junes past. Some of the posts I thought about sharing were our diy wedding invitations or my will you be my bridesmaid cards ot the NKOTBSB concert or one of the first times we watched our niece overnight or a post where I was trying to figure out if the boy and I should by a house even though we weren't actually engaged. But instead the gem I wanted to share was posted 4 years ago called The Dream of Blogging, where the boy gave this comic to me.
And in my opinion, it's just as amusing now as it was then. And yes, I still have it hanging up on a bulletin board.

What are your meals, moments, reviews, and remembering from this past June?

5 comments:

  1. My best meal was probably the turkey chipotle chilli I made on Sunday. I think there was probably a better meal than that, but nothing else stands out. The best moment was seeing family when I was home for CFA, the worst moment was breaking up with Phil. :( Last June I was loving life and training for the Des Moines marathon. This June wasn't awful, but it wasn't all that great. But I think the 2nd half of 2013 is going to be much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cartoon and the duck looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cartoon is funny, you made me laugh for a while, i have to share this with friends :)

    ReplyDelete