Thursday, July 18, 2013

Portolicious

One of my 101 in 1001 goals is to visit 10 locals restaurants, and by my monthly book club meetings I've been doing that almost by default. Number 4 on my list was our April meeting spot, The Pelican House, and number 5 is Portico, where we met in May and June.
Apple Melon Martini for Book Club
Both times I've been there I've had an apple melon martini, which looks awfully cute and is tasty as well. I've only ordered a meal there once, and went with their lasagna.
Lasagna at Portico's
I am a bit obsessed with lasagna in general, and haven't found one yet I haven't enjoyed. But while I ate every bite of this, I wasn't a huge fan of it. It felt like half of the dish was the top layer of cheese, and there wasn't a lot of pasta-y goodness. Also, I would have loved if it came with garlic or cheese toast, but instead it came with a plain slice of toast. Not bad, but not very inspired either.

I have had their blueberry bread pudding, and thought it was absolutely amazing. In fact, I devoured it so quickly I didn't get a picture. But I'd love to try it again.

Portico is a cute little place with a great environment. Both times we've been there, there's been live music on the patio. I'd definitely love to go back, and hopefully my next choice works out better than their lasagna.

4 comments:

  1. Visiting local restaurants was on both my 101 in 1,001 lists! Such a fun goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portico has 2 for 1 burgers on Wednesday nights... and they're pretty good! Just thought you should know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Portico has 2 for 1 burgers on Wednesday nights... and they're pretty good! Just thought you should know ;)

    ReplyDelete