Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mailbox Monday (41)

I have a fairly light mailbox this week, at least compared to the weeks I've been having. I think the last week I posted such a small mailbox was almost 2 months ago. Crazy right? As normal, Mailbox Monday is a weekly gathering place for bloggers to share the books they've picked up recently. It was started by Marcia, who now blogs at To Be Continued..., and travels to a new host each month. For weeks in July, we've been linking up at Book Obsessed.
Mailbox Monday
From Paperback Swap
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
When I started using Paperback Swap, I went through my list of YA series I've been wanting to read and added them to my wish list. This is one of the first that made it my way. I've heard so many positive things about this series and author, so hopefully it's one I enjoy as well.

From Goodreads
The Spiral Staircase by Karen Armstrong
Yes, I do feel guilty, because this is yet another goodreads giveaway win. This is a memoir of a former nun who battles depression, and it seems learns more about herself while writing about different religions.

What did you find in your mailbox this week? And what do you consider a "light" week of books?

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a $50 Shabby Apple giftcard.

14 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of either of those books! I bought Lean In this week, I had been meaning to get it and then another blogger mentioned it and I decided to buy it. It's about women in leadership in the workplace. I also have 4 eBooks that became available. I started with a Sarah Dessen one as I read a book by her earlier this month and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wolves of Mercy Falls series is great; Shiver is definitely the strongest in the series. I got to meet Maggie Stiefvater at the Virginia State Reading Association conference two years ago (after being a fan of her books and blog for years) and she is great - really funny and sarcastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Shiver but still haven't finished the series :P Enjoy! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've read another book by Karen Armstrong about her convent years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The light mailbox weeks can be great for catching up! Shiver is my fave of the Mercy Falls series- can't wait to hear what you think of it. Congrats on another GR win :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the weeks when I get lots of books because my fear is always that I will end up without having books in stock to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Spiral Staircase sounds interesting. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both look quite good. ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Spiral Staircase sounds really good - you shouldn't feel guilty about winning it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great mailbox, even if it is "light". I have not read either, but Shiver in on my TBR list. I am interested in The Spiral Staircase, I will seek it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Spiral Staircase caught my eye, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/mailbox-monday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm curious about Shiver. My daughter bought it a few months ago after we heard the author read. It does sound very good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your Goodreads win! I have no luck with their giveaways for some reason. Their algorithm doesn't like me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! I loved loved loved Shiver (and its sequel). Maggie Stiefvater has such gorgeous prose. I hope you'll love it too!

    ReplyDelete